|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 209
Joined: September 2016
|
|
|
10 members (RickandJulie, geomo, indi, Shelly C, SteveH, Sunflower, 4 invisible),
350
guests, and
73
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 39 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 39 Likes: 1 |
Hi Everyone,
My wife and I go to JVD every year on island and have met so many people who we are friends with to the point where we are invited to school functions and know lots of the locals and we are going back this year...maybe. I keep hearing how cool SXM is and it seems worlds apart from JVD. We love the shabbiness of Jost but feel we are in a rut. Need to make some decisions quick as I have found cheap flights to EIS and SXM. The food and scene looks great on SXM with beuatiful beaches. Any perspective from anyone who has done both and pros/cons? Thanks in advance.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 174 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 174 Likes: 2 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 78 |
Food on sxm is incredible - you’ve done jost- give sxm a try
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 365 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 365 Likes: 1 |
Boy howdy! Jost or SXM that is a huge difference. SXM does have great food and beaches, but also has great crowds and high traffic. We have done both and enjoy both but they are opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. If you go to SXM I recommend the French side.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5 |
We're hitting Anguilla in February. We love JVD, Virgin Gorda, Anegada, and St. John. But, cruise ships, USVI electricity problems, and access make Anguilla attractive. We will finish on SXM mostly due to air itinerary options. The cost of air for Anguilla and SXM is much lower for us.
Cheers, RickG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513 Likes: 78 |
I love Anguilla too and St Barth's.I was surprised on St Barth's that, once you get outside Gustavia its not an overly glamoursed, superpricey island.I really love it. Anguilla is lovely..has some high end resorts and restaurants but also that basic Caribbean vibe that we all love..
Last edited by Manpot; 08/18/2026 11:58 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4 |
Our last trip to Anguilla was 10 years ago and I still stand by my thought it had the dining we had thruought the Caribbean.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|