Trip Report<br>Grand Lido Braco<br>January 2001<br><br>This was our eight trip to a Grand Lido resort and our fourth to Braco. I think everyone has had the usual day-by-day description, so I will begin with some of the wonderful people we met, who have made our vacations so memorable. And then provide some of the highlights of the trip.<br><br>This was our third trip with Robin and Dick. We met them at Braco three years ago, and just had a wonderful time with them. They both work in divergent industries and bring an enthusiasm for life that is so refreshing. You can tell a lot about someone observing how they treat everyone from the guests to the person cleaning the room. Dick and Robin truly are lovely people, and a lot of fun.<br><br>Last year we also met Sidney and Doug. They are a wonderful couple with young children. Doug and I had a great deal of fun trying to sink (or was it sail) a sunfish sailboat. They were so full of energy it was a real challenge to keep up, but what a fun assignment.<br><br>This year we met Florence and Bill. Actually, we shared a bus with them and their entire party out to Braco. To say the least, they are seasoned Superclub regulars. You instantly feel at ease with them. As we spent the week together you also come to realize the genuineness of their joy and caring for each other and everyone else. Every day was a different party, what great vacation companions.<br><br>There of course were others such as Demos, Mark and Pam, Gene and Peggy, that made our trip special. Regrettably, Carol and Eric ended up at HIII.<br><br>I think one of the key reasons we enjoy GLB is the people we meet and get to share time and experiences with. The staff has had considerable turn over due to the opening of the Ritz. However the service was still great, with only minor lapses.<br><br>Detail Report:<br>January 25th<br>We left on Air Jamaica and had a 3.5-hour non-stop flight to MoBay. The weather was threatening and rained most of the day. We were assigned to an upgraded suite (Thank you Lance). This was the first time we were on the first floor at GLB. It has it positives and negatives. We liked being able to walk out onto the beach. We didn’t like not having our doors open, and there seemed to be more bugs on the fist floor. On the whole we prefer a room on the second or third floor.<br><br>The resort wasn’t completely booked and we were able to get reservations at the sushi bar. The Japanese cook from Canada is now in Brazil. Oneil is the new sushi chef and he is great.<br>We decide to attend the PJ party. We enjoyed the dancing and the party was well attended without any outrageous attire (at least by our standards).<br><br>January 26th<br>I thought it rained all day, however Superclubs didn’t think so. They can be rather arbitrary with declaring rain days. It turns out we will received a Sunshine voucher for Thursday not Friday. The weather had been so bad that they ran out of vouchers to give out, and they will need to mail them. Scheduled massages and facials at the spa. A great way to get into a relaxed mood! The gym is now enclosed and air-conditioned. It is one on the nicest ones, I’ve used. The street party was a blast. We had a great time. The resort now enforces nudity on the A/N side, or as it is referred to “The West Wing”.<br><br>January 27th<br>The weather was beginning to improve, as it was party cloudy. We spent a nice day visiting with friends and working out in the gym. There is now a Clothing Optional dance at the A/N Clubhouse. There were two problems with it. First it is scheduled at 9:30, which is in conflict with other activities. Secondly, unlike the PJ party or the Toga party, the dress code (or un-dressed code) was not enforced, causing some tension between dancers and clothed observers. The staff is aware of the problems, and the time and rules will be changed.<br><br>January 28th<br>Great weather for Superbowl Sunday. <br><br>January 29th<br>A little rain in the morning, and a great afternoon. There is a bonfire on the point on the West Wing. Ill-attended, mostly clothed observers. I haven’t figured out how a bonfire and a saxophone go together, and apparently GLB hasn’t either.<br><br>January 30th<br>A beautiful beach day. Cynthia the fruit lady is a great part of the GLB experience. She knows she is referred to on the Internet and is trilled with the fame. We were again able to have sushi. They let you reserve again after your first sitting. Toga party night. Two quick stories. First we were in the main bar getting drinks. I was standing at the bar in a sheet covering me from waist to mid-calf. A strange woman comes up behind me and grabs my rear end. She tells me I’m not wearing anything under the sheet and walks away. Now she is strange for two reasons- I don’t know her, and even for GLB, that was a very forward move for a very modest lady. <br>We go into the party and half the people are there in their beach clothes with sheets wrapped around themselves in varying degrees of configurations. It was quite a sight. Never have so many people not got the concept in one place. A couple guys were just holding the sheet on their laps?? <br><br>January 31st<br>Another beautiful day. The beach party has the worst food. Nice party, just find something else to eat.<br><br>February 1st<br>Another beautiful beach day! PJ party was good; apparently fishnet is in this season!<br><br>February 2nd<br>Started out a little cloudy, but cleared very nicely. Had one last massage. The street party was a fun time. He hot tub was a little loud, so I guess everyone had a good time. One of the problems with the suites is the fact that the bedroom is on the hot tub side.<br>On one of the previous nights, we had decided to give the hot tub and Champaign a try. I went to the clubhouse to get the Champaign, and on the way past two couples also going to the hot tub. As I returned with the Champaign, I pasted the same two couples leaving the hot tub, which I thought was kind of funny. When I got to the hot tub, Betsy and I got in. She was trying to tell me something, but I didn’t hear her. When we got in there was another couple at the other end of the hot tub. They rather abruptly got up and gathered their things and left. As usual, I was obvious to what was going on. They were apparently engaged in a very intimate moment, which is the reason the other couples decided not to use the hot tub. Well, I don’t mind, however everyone does have a bedroom---right?<br><br>February 3rd<br>Another beautiful day. We are leaving, but not until 3:00 pm. So we were able to enjoy most of the day. Our plane was delayed two hours, which of course we didn’t know until we got to MoBay. Our assign seats were given away and we were in center seats in different rows. A great Air Jamaica employee, despite a busy Saturday and a full flight, was able to get us together. Every once in a while, people surprise you with their caring and concern. <br><br>I would be remiss not to mention Chester, Karen, Keesha (aka Diva), and Tomika for making it a great stay.<br><br><br>Betsy and Bob[Linked Image][Linked Image]<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 2/14/01 02:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>