I know I won't get around to doing a detailed trip report with photos, etc., but I'm posting this mostly as a follow-up to some of the pre-trip questions I had posted earlier (TTOLer's collective advice was right on):

To start, Tamarind Club was delightful. Clint's Bushwhacker stands up to its reputation. For us, this location is a nice way to ease into island time.

The folks at BVI Yacht Charters were very attentive throughout the booking process, and we were not disappointed when we arrived at the dock. We got all kinds of personal attention, and individualized briefings. The staff was very accommodating. The boat was immaculate and minor details were promptly attended to.

I was surprised at the crowds that showed up by 9:30 a.m. at The Baths. Fortunately, we got there before 9, when we had the place to ourselves. It was an easy swim from the dinghy line, even for a non-swimmer like me (I used a snorkel and mask). I realize now that trying to take the dinghy ashore would have been a really bad idea. Thanks to all who advised against this practice. If it's not illegal, it should be.

With the hordes descending on the Baths, we ascended to the Top of the Baths for strawberry daiquiries (I think by now it's a little after 10 a.m.), which made for a memorable breakfast.

White Bay on JVD was the most crowded beach we encountered on this trip. It was not at all the serene setting I remembered from a few years ago. Still, Soggy Dollar was fun. Debbie made us a drink we like even better than the original painkiller (forget the name, but it's made with banana rum).

Cane Garden Bay was nearly deserted by comparison. It was very quiet both days we were there. We ate at Rhymer's, Big Banana, and twice at Myett's, and enjoyed every meal. The dinner music at Myett's was very nice. Olivia's gift shop was the best.

The weather was perfect. Occasional rain showers were not unwelcome. The wind was good. The sailing conditions couldn't have been better.

We ate dinner ashore every night except when we were in Diamond Cay and were surprised to find out Taboo closes at 5. Thumbs up for Myett's, Cooper Island Beach Club, Foxy's, and Brandywine (in a class by itself...sampled several starters, plus the ravioli before even ordering the entree, and Bellinis on the terrace at sunset was unforgettable). Bobby's did a good job with the basic provisions. Ample Hamper, conveniently located right in the marina, had a good selection of wines and gourmet food items. And I recommend a stop at the Road Town Bakery for coffee, breakfast pastries, and some ham and cheese croissants to-go, before heading to the airport.

This may have been the best trip yet. It was over all too soon.