When we last visited, it was wed. 7/6, and we were turning Sierra Rae in to Sunsail. Thanks to Bill Hartzman's advice in staying at Cooper Island for the last night out, we got into the base around 9am, plenty of time to check in the boat, grab showers, eat and get to North Sound ferry to head to Virgin Gorda. As everyone was getting their stuff together, I was on the dock and noticed a cooler at the boat across from me, the Letitia.....cooler was labled Crewed Cajun - COOL! Will, who owns Cajun was supposed to meet JD and I at Leverick Bay for our run to Anegada, but never showed. We met and chatted for a while, seems he had gotten behind the storm we ran from, and so settled for Norman Island. It was TRULY kewl to get to meet, and Will, thanks for the Carib, it did NOT go to waste! North Sound ferry at 1:45 had us in Spanish Town a tad after 2, and we cabbed over to Fischer's Cove. Now, this was the first place we ever stayed in the BVI, even before the sailing came into play, and it is really like our second home. Angella, in the office, is always the nicest person on earth, and put us into our "usual" cottage, White Cedar. Jeff and Susan had rooms in the adjacent hotel, as I figured that two single people, after spending a week on a boat with my kids would like a QUIET place - not that they are bad kids, but they have F-U-N! We all met at our cottage evenings for meals, and kinda did our own thing. MANY thanks to Kimmers for her mention of M&M bakery.....WOW! The street is almost across from Fischer's, and first night we did the chicken - 3 birds disappeared fast! I made it a daily stop, especially for cinnamon rolls. We mostly spent the next few days laying on the beach at Fischer's, snorkling and reading. Did a carry-out dinner one night from Dixie's, and hit Mad Dog's for lunch and Pina Coladas. On friday, Casey McNutt of DiveBVI set up a boat trip to the Rhone. Son Andy and I are divers, and the other four snorkled above while we dove with Hillary, our assigned divemaster. She was absolutely perfect, and I got a GREAT picture of Andy rubbing the "lucky porthole". We have used DiveBVI before, and every time their equipment is flawless, and it seems like all of their staff REALLY enjoys getting to dive with you. Anyone wanting a first-rate experience should contact them. On our last night, we went to the Mineshaft for a last seafood dinner outside. It sprinkled rain briefly, but, being "sailboat trash", we stayed put! As we were leaving, I went over to say hi to Eldon, the owner at the bar. I mentioned that we had been there 5 years before on our 20th anniversary, and now we were back for #25, he replied, "You GOTTA be s____ing me! You just made my NIGHT!" We chatted for a while, and he noted it in my "drinking man's guide", making me promise to bring the book along next time to prove we returned. A great last evening. Leaving Fischer's sunday was sad, but we figured that it will always be there, and seems to never change, so we will just come back.....soon! Bottom line, while it is not a fancy resort, it fits our style perfectly. A 10 minute walk to the yacht harbor, and having our own kitchen, as well as FRIENDLY staff, makes this place perfect. All-in-all, this was simply a perfect trip. Coming home had no hitches, cruised through customs, even with extra bottles of Callwood's Rum - in all my trips, we bring home more than duty-free allowed, but I think it's just too much work for them to collect $6 or so duty on it. Special thanks to JD Leipold for setting up the boat, Bill Hartzman & Kimmers for advice, Fischer's Cove for never changing, DiveBVI for a great dive, Sidney & Rena at JVD for being helpful, KC at Soggy Dollar for excellent bar-times, Vinny at Corsairs for a great dinner, and BIG thanks to Eric and Linda Stone for having the time to make a weekend special for a teenaged fan, Heather. We did not meet anyone in 2 weeks that was not open, friendly, and when needed helpful. The next trip is already being planned!

"Confidentially, I've had these problems with the tides before"