We just finished our best ever trip to the BVI, 8 nights sailing and 3 nights at Myett's. I have quite a bit to report, but will start with a brief here.

- Flying to STT and reserving a spot on Smith's Ferry was near perfect. I may never go through SJU again.
- The Sunsail base is absolutely the best for first night aboard
- Fat Hog Bob's is way to expensive
-Willie T was it's usual smutty self.
- Our guests were beat up by American Eagle in SJU
- We got a wild ride on a mooring ball when TD 27 passed below
- the small hatch tent I bought kept the rain out, even in 40 knot gusts
- Our Sun Oddesy DS 43 performed flawlessly - I love that mast furler
- my crew performed flawlessly
- I didn't get Glen's rock from Norman, but did manage to put the dinghy up on the rocks...good story to follow
- My friend brought 8 lbs of shrimp from Florida (no permit required) & I had a cooler full of meat - wonderful meals
- Had a lot of fun fishing by Saba and Eusatcia Sound and another great meal
- Snorkeling wasn't good. Lots of bleaching and fewer fish. The Caves were disappointing, Great Dog was the worst and Eusatcia was the best (cooler water)
- my inverter worked well as did the iPod with an FM receiver (my iTrp receiver did not work)
- all our bad weather came at night and early in the trip. Then a high moved in
- the pig roast and maco jumbies at Leverick on Fridays is awesome
- watched several idiots on boats trying to wreck whatever was around them
- the cruise ship sheep chased us away a couplke of times, but we learned to time it.
- White Bay is not the best spot to moore when you have no wind but large surf coming in. With a 6'7" draft we hit the sand a couple of times and kept doing 360's around the ball. the surf hitting sideways made for lots of mast waving.
- the mooring snap hook I took down didn't work - too small
- the TTOL party was neat Manpot, Laura & Rex, Wolf (Scott & Donna), Maxi, who'd I miss? Followed by a visit to Malcombs with Maxi along
- Myett's was the best dinner and absolute best service on Cane Garden. Thanks Val. The room was so so, but all the smiling faces and helpful hands made it a good stay.
Pieces (Omar) was the best breakfast (banana pancakes) and best service at Soper's
- Hertz worked well (this time) with a pick up at the airport and drop at the West End. Good vehicle.
- Smugglers was great, especially with all the sheep in Cane Garden. Good beach side bar with very good rum punch. It is starting to get crowded. The cruise ship folks are finding there way there.
- Listened to Quito for the first time. Excellent. Bought a CD
- White Bay and Cane Garden were spectacular sunsets.
- saw a big development on Scrub Island being advertised, 50 slips with marina, and club facilities, 50 villas $800K to $3MM, etc. etc. Say good bye to a quiet Marina Cay and east end. (Malcomb advise me it's pronounced key not cay)

I will provide more detail on all this weekend. Glen, wait till you here the story on rock collecting. (See BVI Talk)

Mike M.