We just got back from a week (March 25-April 1) at Couples Ocho Rios and probably had one of our best holidays ever.

We splurged and went for one of the ocean view suites (#316). It had a great view of the beach, pier and Tower Island (au naturel sun tanning). We had the same great view from the shower and sink areas of the bathroom. The mini-bar was always stocked with water, beer, juice, pop and champagne.

The island was nice and laid back when we were there, always sunny or shady areas available. The only down side was that the island was closed for 2 days and most of the other days did not open until the afternoon because of the wind conditions. The toilet on the island was out of service as well which was a bit of a pain but I understand it is back in service now.

We did Dunn's River Falls, did the horseback riding, and the catamaran cruise. We brought tip money for the falls guides, and horseback guides, but didn’t think to bring tip money for the cruise crew. I guess we thought it was part of Couples, but they are not. The catamaran cruise had to leave from a dock in Ocho Rios because of the high winds.

The food was good at almost all the restaurants. The only gripe we had was the Bayside Restaurant where the service was poor and the food mediocre. Apart from the Bayside the night we were there the staff was great, always there to get whatever you needed. We ate at Le Gourmet twice as they change the menu half way through the week. Both nights both the food and service were good.

I found that the best spot to get drinks, especially liqueurs was the piano bar because they were less busy and always seemed to pour a double.

Down side is the drive there and back (over 2 hours each way). While the resort has no control over the weather perhaps if nude sun tanning is a priority you may want to go to one of the other Couples that have nude beaches. When the island is open, though, it’s great

We definitely like Couples and will be back. We may try Sans Souci the next time especially if they are able to get the nude beach policy all worked out. We are both firm believers in an all-nude environment as opposed to clothing-optional.