We just returned from 7 nights at Sandcastle and we have already booked the same dates for next year. Our days were mostly the same each day, so I will write the basics with some things I learned.

Each day my husband and I got up around 7:00 a.m. and walked the road from Sandcastle to Great Harbor. We found this relaxing as we experienced the quiet, early mornings. The views are incredible and it was also a good workout to start the day. Then we simply read on the beach, had breakfast at Sandcastle (breakfast is at 9) and then read, played in the sea, slept in hammocks and watched the boats come and go until lunch. My favorite place for lunch is Gertrude’s. We’d have a few painkillers and a burger and fries and enjoy the splendid views. Then back to the hammock, sea or chair to watch the rest of the afternoon slip by. Around 4:00 we would go to Soggy Dollar for happy hour. Then, shower for dinner. We did five dinners at Sandcastle, Ivan’s Thursday BBQ, and one dinner at Foxy’s. Evenings were spent looking up at the sky and relishing the warm breezes.

My favorite day:
One day we rented a dinghy from JVD Watersports/Scuba. It is 65.00 but for 20.00 more they’ll drop it off at White Bay. We had them drop it off at 8:30 and then we left after breakfast and took it to Sandy Cay, Sandy Spit and had lunch at Foxy’s Taboo. After lunch we hiked to the Bubbly Pool. Then, we went to Little Harbour and had a drink at Harris’ Place and Sidney’s. This was such a great day. We had a blast. We’ll for sure do it again next year.

My packing list for next year (We never check luggage and we still overpacked!):
2 bathing suits
2 quick dry shorts for the beach when I wanted to walk somewhere and cover up.
3 capilene tank tops because they are light and dry so fast. I wore them over my bathing suits to eat lunch or have a drink.
Running Shoes and 2 pairs of socks for walking the road to Great Harbour.
1 pair flip flops
1 pair Keen, waterproof sandals (I was so glad I brought them. I used them to hike on Sandy Cay and over the hill to Ivan’s.)
1 sleep outfit
3 capris with 3 tops which can be worn with all 3 capris (for dinners)
Dog treats/food (It broke my heart to see the little dogs on the beach. There were two cute little dogs I wanted to take home. I wanted to give them treats so badly and next year I will be prepared.)
40 SPF chapstick
1 zip sweathshirt
5 books
Flashlight
Waterproof camera
Misc. snacks which pack easy for the week. I brought my favorite protein bars and peanuts.
Waterproof bag for the dinghy.

My list of things to do again:
1. Walk to Great Harbor in the morning.
2. Rent dinghy for a day.
3. Sandcastle Kebobs on the Beach on Saturday night. So beautiful and peaceful.
4. Ivan’s BBQ on Thursday night. I love Ivan!!! It was a blast!!! We met such fun people there.
5. Listen to Reuben Chinnery sing wherever you can: One Love, Ivan’s BBQ, or other places.

One thing we didn’t do but will next time: Hike from Sandcastle around the island on the trail.

The item I bought that I love the most: Reuben Chinnery’s Unplugged CD. I have not stopped listening to it since I returned home. I bought it at One Love.

My favorite beach bar: One Love. I love Raquel and Seddy. I would go down there after lunch for a few drinks and just chill while the sun was so not. Their two kids are the cutest.

Travel Facts:
We flew through San Juan and only had one problem. On the way there, American said they could not get us on our flight because there was too much weight. I was livid since we had purchased the tickets in June. We did get on, but it caused lots of stress.

On the return, we landed at 11:10, were through Customs and Immigration by 11:27 and checked in at Northwest and through security by 11:47. Can you believe it? It was no problem at all. In fact, there was no line at Immigration or Customs. We must have been lucky. No lines at all. Security took us 10 minutes at the lower gate security. Don’t go through the security for the larger gates. That line was very long.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions. We had a great time and can’t wait to return.