Just returned last night from 8 great days. We (2 couples) rented a villa in Terres Basses atop a hill with darn near 360 degree view. Simply amazing.

A great deal of our time was spent lounging poolside, playing guitars and swilling rum drinks. Venturing out was tons of fun.

Easter Sunday dinner first night at SSBB, conch fritters & cheeseburgers. Just what the doctor ordered after the red eye to Atlanta, 4 hour layover and then arriving SXM mid afternoon.

Easter Monday – scooted over to Royal Palm to pick up a cell phone from Sharon Harris and then aggressive pool time in the afternoon until heading into Marigot to find some dinner. Had great pizza in front of Le Bistro du Mer, but more fun was the two man combo playing music – saxophone and steel drums. Called themselves "Pan-Sax". Very cool.

Tuesday brought more pool time and then off to Marina Royal for diner at Le Petite Auberge des Iles, which was really nice. Loved their Cajun Creole Platter!

Wednesday – off to Orient for the day, beached ourselves (pun intended) in front of La Playa where sand gravity took full effect. Lunched there and took yet another nap in the afternoon! We decided on the way back to the villa we would eat in that night; hit the grocery store and back to the house where our wives whipped up an amazing salad and we cooked burgers on the grill smothered in huge globs of blue cheese!

Thursday – Cupecoy almost all day. That was the first time we had gone there and we all loved the solitude and quiet, especially after Orient that day before (not a slam, both have their good sides – I happen to be partial to peace and quiet). Stopped by SSBB in the afternoon for a couple of beers and to watch the afternoon planes land. Later - another quiet evening at home, working our way through munchies and cocktails poolside.

Friday – Up bright and early to head to Phillipsburg. We did the 12 Metre Challenge that morning. THAT was a blast. But then again we are all four sailors. Grinding the jib sheets, racing on those yachts was so much fun. For anyone out there that is a sailor, it’s nearly nirvana driving the same boat that Dennis Conner won 1987 Americas Cup on. HIGHLY recommended, IMHO. After hanging around after the race we had lunch at The Greenhouse. Great lunch, great time. The Jamaican Jerked Chicken Wrap was one of the best island dishes I have had – second only to Chicken Roti in the BVI for me! Did a bit of shopping on Front Street, but we were all pretty tired from the sail (and the post sail drinks), packed up and headed back for another evening of munchies, home made guacamole and cocktails poolside.

Saturday – went for a walk around the area this morning. Man there are some amazing homes up there. WOW. After once again doing nothing poolside, we wandered down the hill to Maho, shopped for a while and had a simply wonderful dinner at La Rose Too. Every element of that dinner was awesome, all four of us nearly licking the plates clean. We’ll be back there next trip

Sunday – last full day on the Island – breakfast in Marigot at a little pastry shop and headed to Friars. We parked ourselves in front of Kalis and enjoyed the view to Anguilla and the gentle lapping of the surf against the shore. I had been dieing all week for Kalis’ ribs, which we enjoyed for lunch. After a lovely afternoon there, cleaning up at the villa, we wanted to go back to The Greenhouse one more time. Parlayed that trip with returning the cell phone! Had another terrific meal there and were quite entertained by the most politically incorrect drunk we had ever seen (usually it’s me or one of my friends!). He was harmless but completely rated R. He was Barnacle Bill the Sailor – personified.

Monday morning – since our flights weren’t till afternoon, we feasted on whatever was left in the fridge, caught the last sun in the lower latitudes we’ll have for a while and reluctantly packed to head home. Painless flight home, clearing in Atlanta was about the easiest we have ever had anywhere and then landing back in Denver to snow! What a finish.

Couple of observations – saw no crime, bad guys or any of the bad stuff that seems to have permeated the board of late. Enjoyed our privacy at the villa and had a ball when out and about. We bought Visa Gift Cards to use instead of personal credit cards and had no issues using them anywhere Visa was accepted and of course cash. This was our first time doing a private villa and it was unanimous that we will do that from now on.

So now back to work, save some money and earn some more vacation time!

Larry
-When life gives you lemons, ask for a bottle of Tequila and salt