fabila 44
RonDon 38
JeanneB 35
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
admiralmoon, MichaelBritz
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (TravelHat, DanS, SXMBND, mark37, Whale Tail, ColoBoater, Uksimonusa, botnot, jeepers, CdnCouple, SXMNAN, EdB, Carib_Ian, PML, fabila, YachtReprise, TheJ, BillDauterive, Midsouth, 12 invisible), 732 guests, and 125 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pointe Tarare, Gaudeloupe #49590
04/07/2015 05:07 PM
04/07/2015 05:07 PM
Florida
RobT Offline OP
Traveler
RobT  Offline OP
Traveler
Florida
We were staying on the opposite side of Guadeloupe but made the trip one day to Pointe de Chateaux, which is at the far East end of the island. Before you get there the only nude beach on the island is at Pointe Tarare. Finding Pointe Tarare was not that easy as the signs on that side of the road had been blocked out. Maybe someone did not like the nude beach. There was a small sign on the other side which I missed trying to read the blocked out signs.
You go down the road, and the path to the beach is behind the restaurant on the left side. Do not take the path/road that leads to the cow pasture. We did that and had to walk past a bull near the path. The bull was chained so he could only go so far. When we discovered we had gone the wrong way, the bull was blocking the path. After I managed to just get by him, he recrossed the path and my wife had no trouble.
Anyway, this is a report on the beach. It is a small beach with lots of rocks at the end of a 100 yard path. There is sand to lay on and a sandy way into the water.
There was not a lot of people there, but the sandy beach area is not that big. We did not stay long because a couple of guys who appeared be local were acting a little strange and my wife did not feel comfortable. The water was calm and clean and might have been good for snorkeling.

Beach Hunter
SXM Sponsors
Re: Pointe Tarare, Gaudeloupe [Re: RobT] #49591
05/22/2015 05:27 PM
05/22/2015 05:27 PM
Broken Arrow, OK, USA
OkieGuy Offline
Traveler
OkieGuy  Offline
Traveler
Broken Arrow, OK, USA
I just posted a trip report on Guadeloupe on the General Caribbean TTOL Forum. The beach was nice enough, but we also had a concern about those locals on the beach, as you will note in that report.

Life is too short not to be happy!