Just returned from 3 weeks sailing a 38 foot Lagoon with my wife of 50 wonderful years and our three adult children and one in law. The trip began with a problem getting everyone to Tortola West End. The Delta flight from Dallas was cancelled, and by the time three of our group got to STT the last ferry was long gone. They spent the night at the Holiday Inn across from the ferry dock. Next day they arrived without, guess what, their luggage. We finally got it five days later at the Bitter End for 65 dollars delivery charge. I am still in hot communications with Delta about the luggage and the motel charges.
The charter was great. We have chartered with Mike and Sydney Falis at Barecat for twelve years, and think they are the best. Mike personally tracked the luggage and had it sent to us. We enjoy Cooper again, though the food was not so good. The Baths were crowded, but their usual wonderful experience. The moko jumbies at Leverick were worth the price of the trip. The barbeque was great, though we had a visitor of a flying roach, but that didnt stop the festivities. Bitter End, our favorite place, was again wonderful, food, and friendly service. Did not try Saba this time. Just cant get used to it not being Pirates Pub. Marina Cay was crowded, but enjoyed the last table in the restaurant, with two beautiful views of the water. The food was excellent. On to Jost to check out and eat at Soggy Dollar. Looks like that portion of the island is going gay. (Seinfield would say, "but theres nothing wrong with that") I just dont swing that way. We got away and made our way to Norman, with Willie T. still rocking.
Back to Cane Garden, and an enjoyable three days, but some thoughts about making a marina at the east end. Looks like the dollar takes over again. We had, all in all a wonderful, memorable trip. We'll be there for Christmas this year. Taking all the children and the grandchildren. there will be fourteen of us then. We'll have two cats to use.
May you all have as wonderful a time as we have had over the last 32 years visiting the BVI. We were there the first year the BEYC opened.
art swanson