No time for a full trip report just yet. We stayed in Villa Tara above Smugglers Cove for a week, just returned late last night. We were land based but spent two days on JVD and one on VG. Here are my quick impressions of changes, experiences, and such.

- First off, wonderful service from Purple Pineapple. The villa was out of this world and we absolutely will return. Same with the fine folks at Denzil Clyne rentals, the jeeps were great and they took great care of us.

- LOTS of changes in Belmont Estate. Quite a bit of construction, the road is much improved, and the parking area leveled at Smugglers Cove. This sure feels like the tip of the iceberg qith respect to more changes in the future.

- Smugglers Cove itself was wonderful, as always. Had a great time joking with the ladies there, and helping them knock coconuts from the trees with a big 2x4.

- White Bay, and Soggy Dollar Bar in particular, was MUCH busier than we've seen it in prior trips. Monday there felt familiar, not too long a wait at the bar, but Friday???? It was a madhouse from noon-4pm. Crowds don't bother me so much, but crowds of obnoxious, disrespectful, rude, crude, (and a few )nude people do. If this is what a Friday in June has become, I know I don't want to be there on a Saturday or Sunday. When it got too busy, we walked down to Ivan's and just hung out there until the swarm of daytrip boats made their exit.

- Quito's was wonderful, great music both solo and with the Edge. We ate upstairs for the first time and loved the food.

- Brewers Bay was great as well. Excellent burgers and drinks from Nicoles while watching world cup soccer.

- Sunset at Bananakeet was awesome. Drinks and appetizers turned into a long evening including dinner and dessert. The food was great and the sunset spectacular.

- Daytrip to VG including island tour and the Baths from Speedy's was a great way to spend a day. Simon gave us a great tour, lunch at Mad Dogs, then a couple hours at the Baths was a nice balance of sightseeing and relaxing.

- excellent food at Myetts, Palms Delight, Pussers Landing, and Jolly Roger. Not a single person in our party had a bad meal or dining experience the entire trip.

Sure, there were a few minor negatives, but nothing that made even the slightest impact on our overall enjoyment.