Tortola land based from April 25th - May 7

What worked well:
1 - D&D Car Rental - exceptional service, newer vehicles, will pick up and drop off at ferrys or airport...no charge, competitive rates.
2 - Bananakeet for spetacular sunsets, good service and food
3 - Flying into STT and ferry from downtown to west end, left Chicago at 9:30 eastern and was at the west end by 4:30, no hassle, no lost bags, easy customs, and Caribs for the ferry ride over.
4 - CRC for 2 people was a blast...thanks Malcomb
5- Sebastians lunch, laying on their little beach, watching surfers and drinking rum punch
6 - Harbor Market at Sopers for small resupplies...Not major provisioning.
7 - Quitos Thursday night - an excellent way to impress my friends.
8 - THE WEATHER WAS GORGEOUS!!!
9- all the TTOL advice. Thanks, guys and gals

What didn't work;

1 - Cape Air for my friends. I heard so many good things I advised them to use Cape. They had 2 bags and a meat cooler bumped in San Juan. They flew one bag over that night with American and taxied it to the west end. They shipped the meat the next day...30 hours after packing, it was still fresh, thank goodness. My buddy sat on the phone all night Saturday and all day Sunday talking to Eddy at Beef Island and folks back at San Juan. Eddy, you blew it, buddy. As it turns out the last bag was at EIS all that time. It too came over on American Eagle Saturday afternoon. Eddy swore he looked there for it. He went off duty in the afternoon. In walks Sharon who, after one phone call, walks over to American and finds the bag...there the entire time. Thanks Sharon.
2 - how do you get the waitresses at Foxy's to smile???
3 - Smugglers - as already discussed, there was a major clearing of the parking area, lots of sediment on the coral, and cigarette butts all over the beach. There were 3 bars operating
4 - Bobby's - works great for provisioning and delivery. We had time on our hand and made the mistake of doing our own shopping. We had 3 carts full...do you think we could get anyone to help? The cashier seemed annoyed that we had so much.
5 - BVI Power Company - no explanation required
6 - STT going home, the air conditioning was out in the gate area. The heat was stifling thing. 800 people and little oxygen was the hard part.
7 - Not paying attention to my bill at Willy T's. I snookered myself...my fault. Read the small print. Please note 15% gratuity added to total. So my buddy asked me why I threw another $20 onto our $133 lunch tab. "Well it's the price of carelessness, of course"

P.S. If you go to Foxy's, walk out in the back yard and look at the boat building going on. Thanks to t-shirt sales and donations to a local youth foundation, some high schoolers are building a large wooden boat that, when complete, they hope to sail around the Caribbean. Awesome! Walk back and say hi.

Mike M.