Just a few quick thoughts about St. Croix. We, the 10 of us, had a blast together. The view from Villa Turquesa was spectacular. Weather was wonderful, rained 1 hour in 10 days. The rest of the days were sunny and about 85. I was really disappointed in the beaches. Most all of them were full of seagrass and rocks. You could only go about knee deep. The best beach of all was at the Buccaneer Resort-beautiful!! We visited Cheney Bay Resort, Divi Carina Resort, Hisbiscus Hotel, went to Cane Bay beach looking for that blue water and white sand but really didn't find it. The water on the Fredericksted side was much bluer and most of the beaches had white sand but due to hurricanes and tropical storms, the bottom was nothing but rocks, made for some tough swimming and snorkeling.

We did Big Beards snorkeling trip to Buck Island. It was good snorkeling, saw some really neat rock and cave formations and some fish. But again, was a little disappointed. We were only allowed to snorkel for about an hour. It pales in comparison to the Indians, Norman Island caves, Monkey Point or St. John.

The absolute highlight of our trip was TanTan Tours. We were taken around the whole island in 4-wheel drive jeeps. The drivers were awsome. Went to the very top of the mountains and back down. We went through the rain forest, some old ruins, the Annally Pools and everywhere in between. It was a blast! You would have to take the tour to understand how fun it is. Lasted from 9:30 am -7:30 pm.

Overall, I would have to say, St.Croix is my least favorite of the Virgin Islands. The people were very friendly and the food was some of the best I have ever had in the Caribbean. But the beaches, swimming and snorkeling just don't compare to St. Thomas, St. John, the BVI's and some of the other islands in the southern Caribbean. We still had a great time, but I doubt I would return.

Denise