I'm not good at writting long descriptive reports but I noticed a few new things on this trip.<br><br>1. This was the first trip we have had to SXM that it rained for more than an hour or two. It lasted 3 days.<br>Oh swell! Even the locals thought it was unusual.<br><br>2. They did have the threat of Legionaire's disease in the water but only on the French Side. They were going to shut off the water on that side and clean the water system. I don't think anyone actually got sick, but it was found in the water on a routine inspection.<br><br>3. There were police and security everywhere! There can't be much unemployment because everyone is working as a security guard. The police on the Dutch Side have a police helicopter that they enjoy flying around at night.<br><br>4. I talked to Danny at Copecoy about what was going on with crime and he did say that he thought it was on the rise, but he laughed at some of the reported stories that we have seen here. Like many people have reported it seems to be mostly people from other islands causing the problems.<br><br>5. We stayed at Royal Islander. Loved it!<br><br>6. Rented from Hertz through MrSXM. Great service. It took longer to get our bags than to get the car. And it wasn't white!<br><br>7. New favorite place to eat Bananas!<br><br>8. Q Club in Maho is the new late night place to be. VERY busy on Friday and Saturday nights.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 5/17/01 04:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>