I would say that we slept the sleep of the righteous but I doubt anyone would buy that.

The sun woke us up eventually and Thierry had some extra croissants on hand, so I didn't have to make the bakery run this morning. Tomorrow...

Croissants and coffee and fruit consumed, we shot the breeze with Chloe & Thierry for a while and then went to our rental car company to sort out the paperwork. That done, and since we were down that side of the island, we decided to check out Cupecoy beach. As has been reported before, the road along to Dany's beach is blocked by a couple of large boulders but you can still park by the Ocean Club and walk there. The beach is in fairly good shape; plenty of sand and good access to the water along to the right. We became sight-seeing features for a while as one of the tour catamarans came in close to shore so that the paying passengers could observe real live nudists on the beach. I'm sure we were the highlight of their day.

Laugh of the day was the guy trying to fish from the wall of one of the apartments on the cliff. He hadn't figured that when he reeled in his line it would get snagged on the rocks, so we had a chuckle at him trying to lower his rod down the wall to the beach and try to fix it.

On the beach we made a new friend in the shape of Charles, a longtime St Martiner who loves to talk. He had something of a mis-step on Bastille Day and had some pretty nasty scrapes that he was trying to keep away from the salt water, even though he couldn't keep himself away from the water. John had his dog with him and in the 4 hours we stayed, there could have only been 8 or 9 other people there.

Weather-wise the gods were kind. We had a 5 minute sprinkle while the north of the island had a few pretty good downpours. So, luck was in for sure.

Then it was back to Club F to greet Larry & Cleeta, who arrived on one of the flights we watched coming in from the beach. A quick showers to get rid of sand and sunscreen residue and we were ready for the party...

[Linked Image]