It's amazing how much effort it takes to do bugger all.

The day started in its usual way for us here. The morning sun penetrated the white drapes and dragged us out from under our cover of unconsciousness. A purposeful dig in the ribs made it plain that I needed to get downhill pronto and fetch the croissants back, toute de suite. The tooter the sweeter, in fact.

Our plan was to get to the beach by 9 this morning and we nearly made it. Good Morning, the bakery down in The Village where Bread & Cakes was, makes great sandwiches. You get a half baguette stuffed with various filling for €5-6.50, so we picked up a couple to munch steadily and methodically through over lunch with a bottle of Chinon kept cool in the cooler.. In between times was the usual bob/snooze/read medley. The wind was pretty blustery today and I was keeping an eye out for stuffed teddy bears tumbling along the beach. When I did my Papagayo-Perch swim, it was tough going getting out to the line of marker buoys right at the start and I returned to the Goddess with a good appetite worked up. The afternoon was like the morning in reverse. Finally, after a day of doing absolutely nothing at all, we hauled our tired asses off the loungers some time after four and the rest of our bodies reluctantly followed. Once we had pulled ourselves together we drove up to Simply Market to pick up some more cheese, pâté and enough wine to see us through another couple of days.

The evening was R's treat. R is one of the other guests, holidaying here by himself. After Paella night ( if you've been paying attention you will remember paella night) he decided that he would do some Italian cooking for us all. So, he and Thierry spent the day looking for ingredients and he put together a fabulous lasagne from scratch. The food was accompanied by shared tales of Key West amongst the other guests that just solidified Key West as a place on the bucket list for The
Goddess and her attendant.

And now it is dark at 9:30. In fact it has been dark for almost the last two hours and everyone has returned to their rooms, leaving me to finish up this journal and think about a swim (and perhaps another small drink) before sinking into the arms of Morpheus myself.

[Linked Image]