Bakery, breakfast, bob, snooze, read. That was our morning, although perhaps not strictly in that order. It seems that the earlier we get to the beach the faster the time goes. Before we knew it, it was noon and time to open the rosé. We had a baguette and a mixture of pâté and different cheeses for our beach picnic. Everything was pretty simple today, including your correspondent.

So, guess what we did in the afternoon. Yep! More of the same. Nothing exciting. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

It was windy again on the beach with quite a bit of cloud cover. The temp is supposed to drop from 36 today to 27 tomorrow. That's positively arctic! OK, so maybe it isn't. However, thunderstorms are predicted for the afternoon, so we shall see what we do in the morning. I'm thinking Happy Bay, as we now have enough of a base tan not to worry too much about shelter.

The highlight of the day was running into our friend Luc, who is the manager at L'Estaminet in Grand Case. He's looking well and we're looking forward to talking more with him when we go there for dinner on Friday. For tonight, we went to one of the LoLos and brought home enough food for a small army. Which we ate. Well, what the hell else were we gonna do? Now, I have to wait for it to digest before swimming or risk sinking like a stone to the bottom of the Club Fantastico pool.

One final observation about this accelerated time phenomenon: once you get past the mid-point of the vacation, the acceleration increases even more. Right now, it seems like we are hurtling headlong towards our flight home next Tuesday. So, I'll leave you for tonight with that downer.

[Linked Image]