I brought four girlfriends with me this year ... oh, my goodness ... there’s so much I can’t put in this trip report hahahaha
Since losing the love of my life, my husband of 30 years, almost 3 years ago, I thought I could never return to “our” St. M
But, I’ve found that it’s one more place where I can commune with him - I even released some of his ashes at two of his favorite beaches two years ago (Rouge and Friar’s), so I feel that he returns to St. M WITH me. The difference is that I no longer go for 2 to 3 weeks, only one. That may eventually change.
Never could I have imagined such an amazing trip to my island “home” with four other women. Don't believe the hype: women do not equal drama ... there was not an ounce.
The laughs, the partying, the sheer generosity of spirit and finances, the love, the adventure, the reconnecting with St. M friends ...

Flights (direct PHL - SXM) were fabulous.

Jeannie (Shop N Drop) was fabulous once again; she makes arrival so much nicer. She also joined us for my annual Happy Hour that I throw ... as well as another visit to share some of her culinary skills. She’s an exceptional person!

Beaches visited:
Baie Nettlé (Dreams) for another fantastic lunch. Bruno is certainly doing it right: great food, great service, great music, great chairs
Simpson Bay Beach (Karakter) always a good time and good lunch
Baie Rouge - I still love it, but it has lost some of its allure for me ... something personal
Cupecoy, Mullet, Orient - only stopped for short visits so my friends could experience them.
Anse des Pères (Friar’s) - always a good day and super lunch

Meals:
I won’t go into much detail. Last time I lovingly described our meals, along with prices, I was trashed here on TTOL - someone said I sounded like a food critic.
So, let me just say that we did not experience a bad meal, not one of the five of us.
This includes lunches at Dreams; Tropicana in Marigot on the marina (always a delight); Friar’s Bay Beach Café; Karakter
Dinners at Bajatzu - very good; Pizza Galley (after a main meal lunch); street food at the Independence Day (Bastille Day) festivities in Marigot; Charter House (formerly Saratoga) = excellent; Fusion - also very good.

My St. M friends and I always charter a catamaran for a full day party onboard - always a lot of fun, stopping at several spots for swimming/snorkeling/lolo lunches. This year was a bit of a challenge for me. I was extremely ill all day - so much so that I could barely walk off when we docked. Since I have a high tolerance for pain and can usually push through most things, my friends were concerned enough to bring me to the clinic in Simpson Bay. I discovered that I had contracted something viral (at least, I wasn’t contagious) and the doctor (who I remembered from when I broke my foot 2 hours before departure 15 years ago) said that the first day is excruciating, but I’ll quickly recover. He was correct!

We danced every night, usually at the Red Piano (where the player would announce, as we entered, “Now the party will start!”) but also at Sopranos; in Marigot (at the festivities)
One of the friends with me works in animal welfare, so we searched for Ursula’s “I Love My Island Dog”. It’s very difficult to find (in close proximity to Orient) but it was worth the effort, to see the loving care Ursula is giving the island’s dogs and cats. She told us that many Americans adopt and bring them home; she was recently at a reunion in NY with many of the families (human and canine).