Because I'm happy!

Well I was for a while. Actually, I still am but there was a slight downer in between. As you will hear (or, as you will read, to be more exact).

We found our way to Happy Bay this morning. It's the first time we've made our own way there. Before, we've been dropped off from a boat but this morning, we found the path from Friar's Bay and, shod only in flip-flops, we wound our way up the hill and across the headland to that ridiculously beautiful and (almost) deserted beach. Unfortunately, it was the almost part that had us leaving early. When we got there, there were two guys over on the left of the beach and a group of folks on a seaborne inflatable tour over on the right. All was fine for about an hour until a large family group of about a dozen folks arrived and then some more after that. None of them were naked and after a while we started to feel uncomfortable and out of place being the only folks that weren't wearing some kind of clothing. The Goddess hadn't brought any kind of swimsuit with her, so covering up wasn't an option. We gave it another half hour and left. No harm to the folks who arrived after us. It is a public beach, after all, and no one made us feel uncomfortable except ourselves. On top of that, it was a very blustery day again. Given our position on the beach, we were getting pretty well sandblasted, which just added to the general discomfort we were feeling. So, we left around 11:30 and stopped off at Good Morning at Orient Village for a baguette and came back to Club F to enjoy some more of our pâté and cheese and spend the afternoon siesta-ing around the pool.

Late afternoon, I needed to visit the pharmacy. Thierry gave me a ride to the pharmacy in Cul de Sac, which sells a great French heartburn remedy. The remedy is French, not the condition. On the way back, we stopped off at the brasserie in The Village where Thierry introduced me to George, his dentist's assistant. It turns out that George's father was a Canadian from Calgary. Like my father, he fought in France in 1939, right at the start of the War. Unfortunately, he was captured by the Germans right at the start and spent the war as a POW in France, where he eventually met his wife, and never returned to Canada.

Back at the ranch, Larry & Cleeta joined us after their beach day and we quickly decided on ordering pizza, chicken and kebabs from Rancho Del Sol. Well, the decision to order was made quickly. The decision about what to order took a little longer and in the end we had to get Chloe to call the order in for us. I was tempted to do this myself but her American-tinged French was only just comprehended. Gawd alone knows how they would have handled schoolboy French delivered in a Scottish accent.

I'm not sure what the pizza delivery guy made of all the nekkid people waiting for the food to be delivered but the food was good, some wine was broken out and shared and all assembled had a fun time.

And that's the end of today. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

[Linked Image]