I've never seen the point of board shorts. Having a tan from the knees down doesn't seem like a good look to me. And then when you go in the water and have all this wet fabric that flaps uncomfortably around your knees and takes forever to dry, well it doesn't make sense as recreational attire. I have a really good pair of swim shorts that are shorts. They come halfway down the thigh, don't take forever to dry and allow more of me to tan.

I'm thinking about this as I watch the parcels of cruisers making their way along the beach and past the nekkid people on the Club O beach, staring straight ahead (or pretending to). Still, I remind myself that it's good that people make journeys beyond their borders because it allows them to see the world and broaden their horizons. Right.

OK, so I am a huge snob. I admit it. But the sight of these packs of drones shambling up the beach wearing so much clothing that the chance of any significant parts of their bodies ever experiencing direct exposure to sunlight could only ever be accidental just brings out the worst in me. And the worst includes writing ridiculously long sentences like that one.

Deep breath...

Grabbed croissants down in the village again and joined Thierry and his friends, the denizens of Chez Pierrot, in an espresso while everyone spoke French and I tried to follow along. This is the second time I've used the word 'denizens' in as many posts and it could well become my favourite new word but I need to guard against over use. If I do use it again, I hope someone will slap me down for it.

OK, so what else did we do? Well, there was the usual permutation of snooze/bob/read, as you would expect. We had a look at Larry & Cleeta's spiffy digs in Club O, which they will tell more about in their own report. We went to Orange Fever for lunch and split a couple of beef brochettes before hitting the beach again for the rest of the afternoon and trying to maximize the tan in the remaining time we have left.

Back up at Club Fantastico, Thierry and Chloe prepared a great meal for us, wine was drunk and food was eaten and breezes aplenty were shot and I'm now working through the syntax and grammar if this little composition before jumping in the pool and heading to the Land of Nod.

[Linked Image]