I fell for Jean Claude today. Fell hard. Almost head over heels in fact. Straight into his arms.

We were meeting Jean Claude and Luc at the Bikini bar for lunch to catch up on the past year. We had met them last July when they were both working at Le String and we tied up with Luc again when we ate at L'Estaminet, when he now works. I was wearing a pair of flip-flops and as I stepped onto the deck, one shoe flopped when it should have flipped, got caught on the lip of the boards and I went stumbling straight on head first. In a direct line towards one of the posts holding up the roof. I was trying to arrest the stumble but I was just careening forward trying to work out how to avoid this post and and hoping the The Goddess knew where my insurance card was, to arrange the medevac after I split my skull on it. Next thing I knew, J-C had stepped in and I flew into his arms. I have never kissed a guy en la façon Francais with more enthusiasm in my life.

The day had started off well enough. I got to Good Morning while the croissants were still in the oven. This gave me some time to have a coffee and do some people watching while the pastries finished baking. Since we were meeting Luc & J-C at noon, we were just hanging around the pool and taking it easy. The Goddess was avoiding the sun for a day. Not because of any overexposure, just preference today.

Anyway, after the drama was over, we had a nice lunch and caught up on what had been going on over the last year. After lunch, they took us to see their new place near the entrance to Orient and to show us their wonderful wedding photographs from Paris.

Our evening was pretty laid back. Mon ami, Thierry made me some ravioli for supper while The Goddess was still full from lunch. We shot some more breezes, drank some wine, swam some swims and now we are trying to deal with the fact that tomorrow is our last full day here.

[Linked Image]