The Goddess arose early. Earlier than I did. Earlier than the sun did. When the sun finally made its way above the horizon she was ready and waiting to worship it. The sun duly returned the adoration. I finally coaxed my own body out of its pit and started to face the reality of the fact that we have to leave this place and these people that we love so much.

And so, it was a depressed-looking Iain that drove down to Good Morning for the last time, to obtain the Goddess's morning offering and to chat with his new friends for the last time this year. He mangled the French language one last time, waved farewell and drove back up for one final outdoor shower before reluctantly pulling on clothing (and underwear!) for the trip back to the airport. Our trip home involves a four-hour (more or less) transfer in Panama and we are trying to get ourselves into a suitably zen state of mind. Somehow, I don't expect those four hours to pass as quickly as they would if we were lying on the beach.

Five hours later...
Panama City airport is huge and there are Duty Free shops all over the place. I'm writing this sitting in a Margaritaville restaurant in the Food Court, getting ready to eat some seriously overpriced food, just for the luxury of being able to sit in one place for a while, and drinking Panama beer from a plastic glass. Whatever, our server is very nice and at this point, I really don't care. Our next flight is in 3 hours; we will get to YYZ around 1AM and then it's a 100KM drive home and then back to reality.

[Linked Image]