Arrived 11/7 and brought to our villa.. we visited Mullet..beautiful day on beach Friday was cloudy so we went to Orient thinking maybe sun on that side of island we were staying in Terres Basses no sun but had a wonderful lunch and drinks at Bikini and went in water

a tropical system came over the island and it rained most of the day . In the evening after dinner Pizza Galley we sat on the wood deck watching the rain and thunder and lighting .. it was so intense.. torrential does not do it justice.. we lost power and not a candle or flashlight to be found.. The power did come back on and around 10pm we decided to go to bed. The other couple staying with us was staying in the seprate bungalo and our friend Donald got up at 2am to use the bathroom. When he stepped out of bed he was standing in about 6" of water, no power and it was still raining and stuff was floating ..he woke his wife, they put on shorts and tee shirt and grabbed their money and passports, came to our window and banged to wake us .. I stepped out of bed and stood in 6" of water. Every thing on the floor was floating and no lights .. we thought we have to get in our cars and get out of here but where? Just then Pascall and Charles the owners showed up at our door and told us we must leave immediately,, we must go .. grab just what you need so we grabbed our passports, money and my husband had a video camera on a desk he managed to grab. we put all in garbage bags as it was still torrential rain. I was in my pajamas and my husband managed to grab shorts and tshirt.. I threw a tshirt and shorts in the garbage bag . Pascall explained she knew the property and would talk us through getting out of there, we went through the kitchen to the back deck and the deck boards had lifted from the deck and were floating... I fell through the deck and Charles also fell through on top of me.. I hurt my foot, bruised my thigh,arm and hip.. my husband got both us up and we started around the house. Pascall explained along the way how many steps to take going down the stairs..at this point I was chest high in water 4 feet and our two rental cars were flooded up to the headrests.. Panic set in .. the water smelled of gas, sewer, oil and marsh.. we walked to the road about the length of a football field in 4 feet of water and Pascall and charles had their car and truck parked up on a hill where it was dry. We then drove to Villa Greystone where there was power and beds.. probably around 4am we went to bed and slept about 2hours we were basically in shock and could not believe it. That morning Pascall took my husband and friend back to villa with garbage bags to grab whatever they could.. Leslie from Pierre Carribes came by with bread and pastries . They managed to grab almost all our stuff and my husband actually took a video.. Our brand new camera bought for this trip.. was underwater.. our brand new luggage floating our rental cars under water. They then moved us to Villa La Savane.. beautiful villa.. we were stranded no cars and they had announced emergency no one to be driving on road.. we basically had no food so Donald walked about 5 miles to store, he did flag down a taxi and got ride as far as $9.00 would take him.. taxi driver tried to charge him
$50.00 .. taking advantage of situation. AT this point it was not raining and sun shinning.. we called the car rental company and they were able to bring two new cars on sunday... what an adventure. The rest of the week weather was gorgeous . We are very appreciative for Pascall and Charles and all they did and for Pierre Carribes and triple A car rental everyone was very helpful and am so sorry that Pascall and Charles had so much damage to their home and their villa. The rest of the week the weather just got better and better.. best day was Ian Martin took us on a charter to Tintemerre, Pinel and grand case.. beautiful day. Purchased lots of Jewlery in Phillipsburg, golf course looked awesome, couple that came down on saturday in our group golfed .. went to Plum Bay, Bae Rouge .. by the way our first villa was next door to Donald Trumps Villa and they had 22 people staying there, they also flooded in 4 feet of water and Pierre Caribes had to find them accomadations .. all and all a good trip after we got passed the little bump in the road sorry for any spelling errors