Just got back from a two week charter, our sixth trip to the BVI. Footloose got the call this time and our boat was in great shape, on time, and ready to go. Went to Bobby's for the first time and thought it was not quite as clean as Rite-Way. We will go back to Rite Way next trip in April. Started out at Norman Island as everyone seems to do. Willy-T is still great despite the ban on jumping off the top. Pirates has new management and has changed the menu, for the better, wait staff and bartenders still the same great people. Stopped at Peter Island for the first time and had lunch at the beach side cafe. Great food and really reasonable. We were surprised at the price. Then off to Virgin Gorda and North Sound. Beating upstream that far is much to much work so at Spanish town we went for the iron headsail. Saba rock was our stop and with the ball we got free water and ice. Great food as usual and we even got a ferry ride over to Gunn Creek to the market and back. Next a quick beam reach over to Anegada. Again the BEST lobster on planet Earth at Neptues Treasure. Two days and lunch at Cow Wreck was great. Alex took me fishing and he caught an 8 pound Red Snapper. I caught some bait. We took with us and installed two self closing bathroom faucets for Cow Wreck so the guest who overinduldge ( like us ) can't forget to turn off the faucet and run them out of water. Now its a long run to JVD and White Bay. Got the anchor set real good and even put out a stern anchor to avoid any backwinding. Hung out at the Soggy Dollar and met RogerG, Sandy and their new dog, Dollar. That place is the best. Then we sailed back to the Bight for our final couple of days. Did not stop at Soper's for diesel cause the guage said 1/2 full. After more upwind sailing ( sailed the whole way this time ) we started the motor and lowered sails just outside the Bight. Motor Quit....Out of diesel. Guage still says 1/2!! Wife and I sailed into the Bight and picked up a ball under sail. Try it some time, its good to know how to do it cause someday you will have to. Finished up last two days between Pirates and The Willy T. Back to Footloose and then back home. Highlights of the trip.....The weather, ( 30 knots of wind ), every place we stopped, rum and another perfect trip from the West Coast via AA, ( Never had anything lost or stolen in six trips now ) and never losing our dinghy despite having never locked the thing up? Lowlights of the trip.....learning that the fuel guages on the boats are not accurate,( embarasing ), having my wife catch a bigger fish than me, drinking way too much at Willy-T one night ( never again ), and getting on the plane to come home.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.