Part one

How many days until January 20, 2008? First, let me tell you that we hooked up with Obxjim and his girl, Jenny. Great people. Jim strutted his TTOL t-shirt while I sported my NY Giants sweatshirt.

I thought I would prepare my report in categories this year.

Dinning

Airport food - sucked
Airplane food - nonexistent
Gingerbread House - lunch - lite and very good. Service excellent.
Gingerbread House - dinner - 5 stars all around. Why I didn't go there last year is beyond me.
Mac's - as usual food was excellent but I was extremely disappointed not to have a lobster pie. Lobsters are scarce right now and what is being caught is being sent to Mustique.
Fernando's - excellent. Calloo soup great.
Keegans's Saturday Night BBQ - cheap and very good
Frangapani Jump Up - as usual buffet was very good, but Lou and Sabrina would be disappointed that we thought the service was lacking, in fact we thought it was extremely poor
Crescent Bay - lunch - just OK, not bad, but just OK
Lunch on Friendship Rose to Tobago Cays - by far I rate this lunch the best. I could not believe that it was served on the trip. Excellent.
Moskito Bar (Friendship Bay Resort) although they had no electricity for two days the lunches they made available we very good as was the service

Bars

As we had to walk up 60 stairs, yes 60, to our villa. We drank most of the time on the porch b/c I could no way manage those stairs in a stuper.

Moskito Bar - best Buschwackers I have ever had and the bar tender was quiet jovial
Frangapani - I surely miss Marlin. Was told he is on Mustique now. In any event, Frangapani Fevers were dynamite. However, the bartenders well mediocore. There was an incident whereby a woman through a drink at this guy, well our group got splattered. Here in the States we would have been offered a round on the house, we didn't even get an apology.
Gingerbread House - that Nixon can make a fine drink. Wish I could remember it's name.

Beaches

Princess Margaret - (my personal favorite). This year, surf was up a number of days. In fact if you are familar with the path coming from Lower Bay, when you get to the bottom where it is all ledge, that was all under water. We heard that a woman who was an experienced swimmer and familar with the beach (Lower Bay) had hurt her knee cap very badly and was flown to Barbados. That's how bad the surf was. In fact on Sunday (1/29), again if you are familar with the beach, the tree stump near the path to Lower Bay was under water and most of the beach had eroded away by night's fall. What's worse is the restaurant they are erecting on the other side of the beach (near the path to Belmont). Sad, very sad. But when it was calm, it was great and got some great snorkeling in.
Crescent Bay a/k/a Industry - lots of sea grass, snorkeling poor.
Friendship - when surf was up, we hiked to Frienship. Again a lot of sea grass.
I wanted to go to Spring but my friend Curtis who resides in Bequia told me under no uncertain terms was I to go there. He never told me why, but it was obvious that something must have happened b/c he was adament and I never went.

Well that's it for part one. More to follow after I unfinish packing and make the dogs feel loved again.