Just random thoughts so here ya go.

I stayed at Seasplash, not the cheapest on the beach by any means, $205us a night, but it was fairly nice. Caribbean chic. Norma's Resturant at Seasplash was really good, ate there two evenings. The breakfasts were inconsistant though. Burned bacon one morning and I mean BURNED! Next morning out of bacon and tomato juice. Great lunch menu and consistantly good.

Hm, let's see. I went to the Royal Palm nature reserve but no pics. The night before at Alfred's I lost my spare battery, dam! So guess what happens as soon as I get to the Palm reserve, yep, dead batree!!! Oh well, a reason to go back huh. The place is very cool, well actually it was hot but that's ok, haha. If you havn't been there, do go! Leave yourself plenty-o-time, it's not all about the palms, though they are truly beautiful and majestic, and if you bust through fast you'll miss a lot. Make sure you see the croc in the fenced in area, that sucker is huge!!! Next time I'm gonna buy a live chicken or maybe even a goat to throw in there, LOL. Now THAT would be interesting to watch!

I made it up, or down, or over to the Black River but not the Pelican Bar. The Pelican bar is a bar waaaaay out in the water built out of bamboo. It looks so cool from pics I've seen and was on my "must" list. 15 Minute Jack, my driver, was like two hours late picking me up. "ya mon, be der in 15 minutes mon, no problem mon" LOL... With that and him stopping at every gas station along the way to price a new tire I just ran out of daylight. I fired 15 Minute Jack the next day after a near miss head on colision. Jack scared the sh!t out of me, lol. All an adventure though, no regrets. I saw lots of places that I'd never have seen otherwise and really I did like the guy. Just a shame he was on something a bit stronger than ganja. That is my assessment, I don't know that as fact so there you go.

Didn't make it to Mayfield Falls. Relaxed at Seasplash for a few days and took it easy instead. What do you call that, sand gravity? Mayfield was on my "must" list too. Another reason to go back huh.

The FOG!!! What IS that sh!t??!!?? Please don't tell me it's DDT or something, lol. They got me twice, the fogger guys, once for dinner at Three Dives. The next night they got me while walking along beach road. All the security at the resorts were pi$sed, had cloths over their faces. I understand the need to spray and I understand the need to fog at night. What I don't understand is why they don't do it at 3:00am instead of at dinner time. Oh well, it's de islons huh. In case you didn't know there have been cases of malaria in Kingston and they are trying to stay on top of the situation.

Speaking of tree dives;
Something funny. After getting fogged we sat down for some jerk chicken, which was very good by the way. Okay, not sure what happened but a waitress brought out a dish that I didn't order, I'd just arrived, and hadn't ordered anything. I asked who ordered it, it wasn't me, then she just picked it up and left. She came back and took our order. Before leaving our table, she tapped the table top with her finger and said in a very, um, assertive manner, "you are NOT to leave this table!" then she stormed away, LOL. I thought out loud, to 15 Minute Jack and Margaret, "but what if I have to go to the bathroom????" We are all almost rolling on the floor in laughter at this point. My best guess is that someone switched tables screwing up their table number system and we got the blame. BTW, exellent jerk chicken!!! The owner raises all his own chickens so were talking fresh!

One night I started off at Rick's after sunset, and began walking towards town. I had a blast. I stopped off somewhere and had a cheeseburger in paradise. Great cheeseburger, I'll have to figure out where I was! I stopped at a few un-named likkle roadside bars for a refill. (didn't understand "likkle" before going but I do now)I met a beautiful girl who wants to marry me, she called twice today but I'm not answering the phone, lol. If you see Wendy tell her Doug says hi. A route taxi stopped just about the time my legs fell off from walking. Can't remember but I think I was getting close to the round-a-bout, lol.

The Boat Bar on the beach is a great place to hang out. So is 23/7. "No windows, no doors, no close" HA. So many great places to hang out I could never mention them all. Seastar, cliffside, has a free shuttle to pick you up on Saturday nights. Good food, buffet style. GREAT entertainment!!! If you've seen my photos of the drummers, those were taken at Seastar.

An observation that means nothing. The beach is a b!tch to walk on close to Negril town, the sand is too fluffy. The sand is good and solid, easy to walk on, down at the other end. Maybe I should get in better shape.....

Before I left for Ja, I was talking to my Dr., I told him about my pending Jamaica trip. His eyes lit up! He told me about his many trips to Hedo, jeeeeeze I didn't need to know that, he's my Dr., ROFL!

I never saw so much ganja being smoked in my life!!! At least someone in every bar I went to was smoking. It was pretty much everywhere. If you travel there with teens you'd better keep an eye on them, lol.

Okay, here's the link to my pics. A couple of tips; don't tell anyone it's your first time there, when they ask just say, no mon, was here just a while back. Don't tell anyone where you're staying, especially if you're traveling alone, just a good way to avoid possible problems. I'm forgetting alot so questions are welcome.
http://public.fotki.com/douges100/