Sorry for the delay, it's my first trip report

Arrived STT on time 1535, now worried (no worries ever again) about making the last ferry. Quick taxi to the dock and still had loads of time for drinks at the Petit Pump (first time, not the last). Booked Smith’s for the 1700 passage. What a ride, someone’s foot was definitely off the clutch. Last ferry so we arrive in Roadtown late. Conch had a taxi waiting for us (nice surprise) and we arrive moments later at Fort Burt Marina. The crew carried their bags to the boat while I sort out the finances with David the driver. I then walk the dock only to find all crew staring at the boat with jaws wide open. Yes this is the boat, a Leopard 45 fresh out of the Moorings fleet. I tried to tell them she was big. We all had a very comfortable sleep after a few rums. Nice breeze all night long.

Next AM, briefed with Miles (“know what I mean”) and then off to Leverick for our first Jumbie BBQ. Wind 95’ @25-30kts. Since it’s my first time on a cat, I stay with the iron genny. Then the sailing thing bites so I figure get in the lee of VG with double reef. Got her up to 10kts, big grins but winds are swirly. BANG, the STB sheet lets go and the force takes out the port lead car sheeve. (Did I say I hate Lewmar). Sort it out and make Leverick by 1600. Jumbie bar has a great happy hour. Fantastic BBQ (another first). Met up with Virtual Ed, Nick R and his lovely wife Monica. The new dock looks great, even if the progress is not to Nick’s liking. Amazing Jumbie show, these folks are not only talented but very brave. Met up with Diver130(Jeff and Sandy) and danced the night away. Mashed my foot for the first time. Get back aboard and a crew member gets the urge to jump in, digicam and all. Seems he was a bit wobbly, complements of Nick and VirtualEd. His face was ridden with guilty and shame given the camera belonged to his no-so-forgiving wife. I recall hearing “never again” a few times. Yeah right.

Next AM, Spedy’s car waiting for us to go visit the Baths. Interesting drive with loads of photo ops along the way. Drop off crew and go into Spanish Town to sort out some bits at the Chandlery. Visit the Rock Café (closed but we had a look) and were directed to Fisher’s Cove for a snack. Unbelievable coconut shrimp and crab cakes, a definite stop next time. Pick up crew and spend rest of afternoon on Savannah Bay with the roosters. Get back to Leverick just in time for happy hour. Dinner onboard – grilled tuna with mango chutney/rum reduction, dirty rice and salad (my one and only time to cook). Everybody happy - 3/8 of crew now on ilon time.

Next day late start for BEYC, still windy. Limin the better part of the day while crew visit Sandbox, Biras and BEYC. Quick drink at the Emporium then another dinner aboard and everyone hits the sack early. 5/8 of crew now on ilon time.

Nice morning we decide on the passage to Anegada instead of Trellis for the FMP (missed meeting up with a few TTOL’s). Mid passage, squall hits us with a fury I’ve never seen before. Had a little problem furling the headsail, maybe 5% left. Jib sheet starts to flail and takes out the port jib car and spinlock.. Only myself left on deck, keeping the flying bits on the beam. Soaked to the bone and about 15 minutes later we motor to Anegada. Entering the channel, I hear “Fritz the Cat” hail me about the FMP. Later, after adrenaline stops coursing and a stiff Caribbean drink, I relay our regrets of being unable to meet up. Happy hour at Potter’s, actually I think we closed the place. Dinner aboard and another great sleep.

Next morning it’s off to Flash of Beauty/Loblolly. Not a soul there and were told by a diver not to swim due to a strong riptide. Unbelievable waves crashing on the reef. Have a beer then take the north shore road for Cow Wreck. Meet up with Belle and Alex. Conch fritters, FF sandwiches, dancing, enjoying the afternoon. Said hello to the one and only other group on the beach. You guessed it, another TTOL member who’s name escapes me. Back to the boat to brush up for an outstanding lobster dinner at Potter’s. Spent the evening dancing with crew and our new friend Sue W. All crew now on ilon time. Think I mashed my foot again.

Next AM, long sail to JVD, great run. Trek to the Bubbly Pool for a spectacular afternoon. Drinks and shopping at Taboo, back to the boat for dinner. Can’t remember much after that. Saw HoneyCat and went to say hello to the crew.

Next day, White Bay. Need I say more? Hello One Love. Seddy has just taken delivery of some new kitchen equipment as well as the only ice machine in White Bay. Dinner at Ivan’s, jam session with Reuben, all is good. Bed time.

Next AM, crew want to stay in White Bay so who am I to argue? I deliver some maple syrup to Rachel and the kids, end up leaving late afternoon. Bunn takes us to Corsairs for dinner. Certain crew end up kissing both Vinny and Joe after having the monster lobster. Think I ended up kissing “mini-pirate”. Walk to Foxy’s for drinks and dancing. Unsure what time Bunn took us back to White Bay. Nice sleep once again.

Next day it’s off to the Bight. Moor in the NW corner, the perfect spot. Too rough for the Indians so it’s off to the Caves. Bleaching is just as bad as last year but I notice some new coral. There is hope. Dinner aboard and another great sleep.

Next day, back to the Caves for those who missed it the day before. Take up a mooring near the Willy T. Amazed it was emply given it’s Sunday. Decide to “blend” up our own party. Invited adjacent boat for a “cocktail party”. Later that night, after the blender died, they left and crew went to bed. I slept on the fridge.

AM sail back to Roadtown, fuel up and return boat back to base. Crew go shopping in town, I have lunch at The Pub. Two crew are off to BIGH for the night and EIS flight next AM. We taxi to the JR. Wonderful dinner (lobster again) and good times. Sorry I missed meeting Lou (off-island). Kaye was the perfect hostess. Unbelievable sleep, shower next morning then take 1030 ferry to STT. Spend afternoon at BW Emerald Beach (great place btw) then off to the airport for the TSA follies. Not fun on the way back but we did “just” make our connecting flights.

THE GOOD:
Pretty well every day
Conch Charters in every way.
Not once did the bevies run dry.
The amazing crew, not one “discussion”

THE BAD
That squall kinda sucked, only able to sail on port tack after that.
Mashing ma foot one too many times.
TSA confusion at STT airport
Almost missing the connection at Miami
Having to leave for home

Certain I’ve forgotten loads of info but confident you can fill in the gaps.

What a ride…..see you next year. Maybe sooner (May/June looks appetizing)

Dreamer (aka Richard)

Rum...the seventh level of concentration - G.B Shaw