Member Spotlight
bdeeley
bdeeley
United States of America
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (MNsnowbird, 3 invisible), 1,026 guests, and 62 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Photobucket Instructions #57942
06/12/2015 06:03 PM
06/12/2015 06:03 PM
VIRGINIA
B
BEERMAN Offline OP
Traveler
BEERMAN  Offline OP
Traveler
B
VIRGINIA
How to post a photo using a Photobucket account. (They have a free version with decent, however limited storage and bandwidth.

-Create a "new album" in your account.
-open that album and you'll see a box "click to upload"...click to upload!
-Go to where you store photo's on your hard drive and pick one.
-Double click the photo you want and it will upload to your album.
-to edit photo you can either hover over the 3 lines in bottom left of photo and you'll see an option to edit or click on photo and it will open up. Once open look at top right and you'll see a series of boxes, there's an edit box there.
-Edit as you wish, but I always "resize" the photo's to 600x400 or 400x600 depending on layout. Cell phone photo's are sized slightly odd and I usually size them just under 600x400. After changing the height and width click "apply".
-Once editing is done I check the "replace original" box then click "save". This keeps me from having 2 copies of the same photo in the album, it does not affect the copy on your computer.
-Now, Photobucket can be slow in converting your edit changes, sometimes takes hours for this process to take place, Grab a beer and wait it out. I have been impatient and posted photo's to TTOL before edits/resizing takes place and they appear large on TTOL, but once Photobucket does there thing the photo's adjust on TTOL.
-There are a couple ways to copy your photo to your trip report, but here's how I do it. First I have my trip report written in WORD and I put a note in the report where I want to insert a particular photo, yes my photo's usually dictate my story line, no photo usually means no reason to write about it, so ask me to take your photo next time! I cut and paste the report to TTOL and quickly start copying and pasting photo's like a mad man.
-To copy...with your photo open look in the upper right corner and you'll see "SHARE LINKS", I click on the "IMG" option and the URL code turns yellow and says "COPIED", I then go to TTOL post and paste it in the report.
-I have never done this before but I'll try now, I'm pasting the "IMG" code directly into my WORD document as we speak. Hope it works because it will save me from starting over when distracted and TTOL times out!

[Linked Image]
-FYI, I make all of my albums "Private" and I only post specific photo's to share online. To show only one photo I remove all of the code before and after the [IMG] brackets. If I wanted to share the whole album I would leave the entire code and a viewer could click on the photo to access the entire album.

I hope this helps! CHEERS!!

[Linked Image]

Re: Photobucket Instructions [Re: BEERMAN] #57943
10/05/2015 11:27 PM
10/05/2015 11:27 PM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Offline
Traveler
fabila  Offline
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
[Linked Image]

Re: Photobucket Instructions [Re: fabila] #57944
10/05/2015 11:30 PM
10/05/2015 11:30 PM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Offline
Traveler
fabila  Offline
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
Thank you I selected random photo from my Photobucket acct using your instructions and it worked. I use to have to use the tags in TTol with tags created in PB but now worked like a charm copy & paste