This was our first trip to TCI and we chose Provo because we needed a short getaway to a place that was very quiet and relaxing--and that is exactly what we experienced.

We stayed in a one bedroom Ocean Front Suite at Royal West Indies Resort from 6/4-6/8. The rooms were fabulous. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and was fully stocked with all sizes of glasses, cups, plates , bowls, pots and evening baking pans. We purchased groceries at the IGA grocery store and I was surprised how very reasonable the grocery prices were--many items were less expensive than what I would pay here in the Tampa area.

The suite included a washer/dryer which was perfect for making sure you were not traveling home with wet clothes. (This was especially wonderful, since we got stuck in MIA for 8 hours). First and last trip thru MIA I assure you.

My only 'negative' comment is we were in building 2, so I would not have labeled this room Ocean Front, but rather Ocean View. It was still a very beautiful view and well appointed room. The balcony was wonderful and huge with tables and chairs as well as a lounge chair.

Every place we went on the island, the people were the friendliest we ever experienced. People went out of their way to say hello and smile at you.

This was a short trip, so we only had 4 nights on the island. We did not see night life as big on this island, which is very different than what we experience on Tortola. But, then again, we needed a quiet getaway. The restaurant prices were reasonable considering the amount of food they give you. Alcohol was very expensive ($9.00 for a pina colada; $5 for beer in a bottle)
* Mango Reef Restuarant at Royal West Indies: Service and food was outstanding. (we ate their twice)
* Sharkbite Bar & Grill: very relaxing place with many locals at the bar. The food was reasonably priced and very good.
* Hey Jose's Cantina: This was a Mexican restaurant. I guess you "don't do Mexican" when in the Caribbean. Food was okay, but reasonably priced.

Shopping is not much to talk about on this island at all. We did manage to get some things for family and friends.

Tortola is still our #1 spot, but we would definitely go back here when we want a quiet getaway.

Debby