I’m not very good at writing these type of things or anything for that matter but here it is. Hope the information is of use to someone.

My wife and I flew to Provo via US Airways from Dulles with a connection in Charlotte. Uneventful flights except my wife got searched in Provo and her bag was lost and searched between Charlotte and Dulles. They delivered her bag at 3 AM.. Bag was searched by TSA and the TSA lock was either cut or taken as it was not returned. Heard this is a frequent thing. Why do they recommend buying a lock that they can open and then cut it off?

This was our first trip to Provo and we stayed at the Turks and Caicos Club and I can’t say enough good things about it. We were in Suite 313, a large 1 bedroom ocean front unit with full kitchen, dining area, etc., located on the second floor, The balcony was large with 2 loungers/table and 4 chairs/table and a beautiful view of Grace Bay. The T&C Club’s units are non-smoking which was a plus for us. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Full breakfast was included.

The Club is close to Coral Gardens where the snorkeling is supposed to be good. They have a small area of coral roped off and you have to swim around the outside. We did see a variety of fish and turtles. We have snorkeled Bonaire, St. John in the US Virgin Islands, the BVI’s, and snorkeling here was a bit of a let down. There was also snorkeling at Smith’s Reef near Turtle Cove but mostly saw crabs. However, we loved walking for miles on the beach. There a number of snorkeling tours but most were short and we weren’t interested in them. There were a few such as Snorkel Mania with Silver Deep and a ½ day to West Caicos that sounded good but they weren’t available during our stay.

Rented a car from Tropical Car Rentals. They picked us up and brought us back to the Club. Very nice staff and the car was fine. Not much to do on Provo that requires a car but hate being without one. Toured the Conch Farm which was interesting but a short tour. A few gift shops around the island and a few other beaches. Most roads are unpaved and we beat ourselves to death going on some but many of the small beach coves were lovely.

We dined at Simba’s which is the on-site restaurant. Dinner was excellent, had Mahi and Monk fish. Other restaurants we ate at were: Baci’s (Italian), excellent veal; Magnolia’s, very pricey but excellent views of Turtle Cove Harbor, steaks and rack of lamb was perfect; Iguanas, inside dining, food was very good. Other places we dined were Orchids at the Alexandria Resort, Hemingways at the Sands resort, Mango Reef at the Royal West Indies, Cabana Bar & Grill at Ocean Club and the Tiki Hut. All were fine.

Diving is reported to be excellent here but we are snorkelers. We would probably not return to Provo for a vacation, however, we enjoyed our stay and don’t regret going.