Member Spotlight
GaryB
GaryB
Florida & Beacon Hill, SXM
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
shellyb
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (marisol, SXMScubaman, AlanB, barryvabeach, GeorgeC1, Cleobeach, timnboston, Alltech63, KirkB, CanuckTravlr, sunmantwo, Manpot, WWII, WillM, ndfaninnc, anet_scot, DanandJanel, Zanshin, Todd, geomo, steve74, CaribbeanCanadians, RatmansWife, 7 invisible), 908 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Seychelles #60036
06/29/2015 11:18 AM
06/29/2015 11:18 AM
R
Reina Offline OP
Traveler
Reina  Offline OP
Traveler
R
Hi Friends!
Have any of you been to Seychelles? I've heard some things about it but wanted your feedback. I was thinking about looking into a safari on the mainland for a few days then going to the Island. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Follow me on Facebook at Reina's Raves or Check out my Blog at http://www.reinasraves.squarespace.com
Sponsors
Re: Seychelles [Re: Reina] #60037
06/29/2015 01:29 PM
06/29/2015 01:29 PM
Devon, UK
salica Offline
Traveler
salica  Offline
Traveler
Devon, UK
The Seychelles is a group of several islands. The largest, capital island is Mahe. It is not particularly large. We visited about 15 years ago when they were really just starting on tourism. We were not particularly happy and felt we were regularly 'ripped' off. Hopefully they have got their act together better now.
We stayed at a hotel recommende to us on Mahe. We were very disappointed on arrival to find it a Best Western. It was not especially good. The clientele was the U.S. Navy on leave, lots of wealthy elderly Italian males, with 20 year old females hanging on to them and people frojm the Middle East ( it is a relatively easy journey for them).
I would spend two or three days on Mahe and then visit as many of the other islands as you can fit in. A word of warning: if you are interested in snorkelling this is quite hard to achieve. We had to take boats in order to snorkel just about anywhere, though I will admit the fish were stunning. But not one suitable snorkel spot off shorefrom anywhere we visited.
Be aware that there are two main weather seasons. Where you stay on each island will depend strongly on the season. Be sure to check this out.
We did enjoy our stay, eventually, but would not return. A long way and very expensive. But as I say, that was 15 years ago.

Moderated by  Eric_Hill