I’m very late with the report, but I will explain later on. We have been visitors to the island for 25 years, and this year my husband will be celebrating his 75th birthday. So instead of having a large party I decided to have a family vacation to celebrate. We were fortunate enough to be able to use frequent flyer miles for 7 tickets (someone was watching out for us) and we purchased the other two.

My husband I left on 3/25 and the others on 3/30, no problems with the flights coming or going home. The first week we booked thru Cheap Caribbean and we at Sapphire, room 240. We have no complaints, the cleaning girl even emptied the hot tub so the children could go in when the came down. We used AAA Car Rental, Sharon Harris and Pack Light and they were great.

The rest of the time we were at the Summit, we rented the two bedroom villa and 2 deluxe rooms. It is not as fancy as other resorts, but it was clean and the help were very accommodating. The Kissing Fish is a big asset for the place.

As far as the restaurants some were great and some disappointing. Pineapple Pete’s was great and some members of the family went back more than once. Peg Leg used to be our favorite, but when one is finished with their meal before the other starts it is not good. The one meal was over done and had to be sent back, we both ordered the same meal. We will continue to stop in because of Shawn as he is the best host on the island. Another disappoint was Mary’s Boon for lobster night, we were charged $45 for the meal and were informed that the next week the price would be $60, definitely not worth $60.

The reason I waited so long to write is because I had contacted Bob Cass (as he had been recommended in a TTOL trip report posting) for a family photo session at Mullet Bay beach. I didn’t want to recommend anyone until I saw the proofs in person. He was in the Long Island area and dropped the pictures off. The pictures turned out wonderful and we are going to have a very difficult time making our choices. He took many pictures and his lovely wife, Linda, came along to make sure our hair and make up was okay. I can honestly recommend his work and I feel that this was the best money that I have spent on the island. If you have any ideas of doing this, don’t hesitate. Bob told me that his is now a sponsor; the corporate name is Aquavision. He asked if he could post a family picture on the web site and, of course, we gave our permission. So look for us.

Because of another TTOL posting, I used Michael’s Beauty salon at the Atrium the day of the photo shoot and he does excellent work.

We are so grateful for the many years we have been able to visit the island. When I was working I always said that SXM was the place to go it is like “Stop the world I want to get off” you get off and when it is time to go home you get back on. It is a shame of the buildings that are going up by Cupacoy, they have ruined the natural beauty of the area..