Dec. 16 we decided to head back to Friar’s. Up until now the wind had been blowing pretty good(20-30MPH) but today no wind. No wind can also be translated to mean, here come the mosquitoes and no-see-ums. The rest of the week was a feeding frenzy, worse then me at Claude’s Mini. This time we stopped at Le Sucrierre for sandwiches. It was Sunday traffic, nice and easy. That night, after watching the cruise ships leave over a bottle of wine, we headed to Bistro Nu, one of our annual favorites. Unfortunately, they are closed on Sunday(and Saturday now as well). Decided to go to L’Auberge at the marina instead. Next time I check to see what’s open on Sundays. Settled for Le France, one of three restaurants open on the marina. 1dollar=1euro. Meal was good but not exceptional. Onion soup, salad nicoise, ceasar salad all good but nothing that wasn’t better elsewhere. The grouper in lime and coconut sauce didn’t quite make it, fish a bit overcooked. It may have been that the Hideaway’s was so far superior. An after dinner rum was offered, homemade vanilla flavored. A couple of those earlier and I may have loved everything.

Dec.17 and back to Phillipsburg. Parking in Phillipsburg(should have mentioned this before)is a treat. It’s easier to get tickets to Fenway Park! Both times I ended up at the pay lot($1 hour), up on a curb. Picked up a few odds and ends since our look now and buy later rule had already been violated and headed to Gulmohars for my scotch purchase. This is not an easy decision, I agonize over my purchases all week. They have the best selection in town and although they are not always the cheapest, they are nice people who I enjoy seeing every year and also enjoy their knowledge of my favorite spirit. After changing my mind for an hour, I finally settled on an Ardbeg 1990 and Bruichladdich 20 year old, second edition. See you next year guys! Hung out at the pool and went to Mary’s Boon for dinner. First time there. Physically beautiful. They had a price fixe menu of a tired salad, choice of either red snapper(dry and not very tasty) or shrimp creole (mediocre) and apple pie with vanilla ice cream(oh well, no Etna tonight) for $35. With wine and tip, $95. The place was empty and I am sorry to say, deservedly so. Not likely we’ll be returning.

Dec.18 has us back at Mullet and Rosies. Beautiful day, calm waters. Ribs,Hamburger,Fries and Rice are $12. Got a first row chairs and umbrella to enjoy all the sights. A young couple approach. The guy says to his girlfriend (in French) we’ll sit right here in front of these people. The girlfriend says (in French), that’s not right,there are plenty of other places to sit without annoying this older couple. He says, who cares about them, put our stuff down now! She most unhappily complies and looks at us apologetically. They put their bag, towels, shirts pants etc. on the sand and sit down. He says something else(by the way I don’t speak French but gestures speak by thenselves) that angers her and is obviously about us. A wave comes over the crest, totally wipes them out, ruins everything. He goes ballistic; she laughs and smiles at us. He gathers all their stuff and leaves. I say to my wife, now how can anyone not believe in God! Anyway, I digress. Dinner finds us at an open Bistro Nu. My only complaint was; they were out of Lamb with white beans, my favorite. Mussels were mouth watering, Excellent avocado salad. The duck cooked to perfection and the Beef Burgenyon(sorry I butchered that word) was great. Cost was total $95 with wine at $1.3=1 euro. Home for celebration and etna.

Dec. 19 our last full day on island. Back to Friars after buying lunch to take with us. Farewells to Jaboh. Dinner at the best restaurant on the Dutch side, Sarotoga. This place is physically lovely, romantic and the food is worthy of the CIA owner, cook. We shared a Bufalo Mozzarella salad. The missus had a Sea Bass to die for. Perfectly prepared with a gentle touch of ginger that watered the mouth. I had the cioppino. Chock full of seafood, gently prepared, a great way to end a great visit to the island. Total cost $110 with wine. Back to the room to drain the wine, finish the etna and celebrate.

Dec.20 and time to go home. Earlier in the travels a severe dent had appeared on the car. Looked like someone turned into me. I knew I was on the hook for the damage and knew I owed some money for it. Returned the car to Michael. We talked about the damage and Michael quoted me a very fair price for the repair work, I added it to our bill and we were on our way to the airport. I always enjoy dealing with Unity, they are never concerned about minor scraps and dents. This was not minor and Michael made it real easy. Look forward to using him next year. As to the flight home, as easy as the flight down. Upon arrival home all my liquor was fine, but someone cut off our bag tags (Caribbean Rum tag). Go figure. Thanks for reading, I enjoyed reliving the trip and will now fantasize for 11 months until we return.