Dec.12-13 This morning we ferried to Anguilla for our first adventure ever off the island. Considering Tropical Storm Olga, our timing was perfect. Rough seas accompanied our journey and although we arrived unscathed others did not. We taxied to Ku on Shoal Bay East. All in all we found the Island to be a little too quiet for our tastes. Lunch at Ku was okay but not special. We had dinner at Madeariman (it was about the only thing open on the beach). Again it was okay but not great. I had the crayfish so the bill was higher than it would normally be, about $80 for dinner. Stayed at Ku which we found to be in need of a makeover. The rooms were a nice size, great view and reasonable price but needed small repairs, touch ups etc. (I’m not complaining for the price, $244 incl. taxes, just reporting). Ferried back and had dinner at Toppers. This was our first dinner there and we really enjoyed ourselves. We had two (out of four) drunks next to us who were extremely entertaining, loud but not too loud. For dinner, a salad and clam chowder first. Clam chowder just the right consistency and lots of clams. For dinner, a brisket sandwich and the prime rib. Both excellent. Total bill was $58. Back to the room for wine and celebration

Dec.14 was our scouting trip to Phillipsburg. This is the day we supposedly do not buy, only look. Not this year, the purchases occurred early and often. It started with Little Switzerland. My wife had scoped out a swiss army watch that she wanted. The price incl. lack of tax was right and the purchase made. This was quickly followed by gift purchases at Furla and the Delfth shop. A visit to my Scotch store, Gulmohars, brought back some sanity as I compared prices and noted my favorites for a return purchase later in the week. Buying brought on a hunger and off we went to Kangaroo Court. By the time I left, I felt as if I had partaken of a Kangaroo Court. First an order of ribs, a visit later saying no ribs. Next an order of crab, a visit later saying no crab. Finally had a very average at best hamburger and a smoothie (weak moment). Missus had a salad with salmon and ice coffee. She was also under whelmed. Bill came to 33.75 with a large notation TAXES + s.c. Service was extremely slow and ungracious as well. Back to La Vista in horrible traffic but I was cool about it. Dinner at Bajatzu for six. There has been a lot of positive feedback about this place and it is all deserved. Everyone had a superb meal. Chicken in satay with peanuts was super. Seafood lasagna, delicious. Others enjoyed the duck, mahi-mahi and skewered shrimp.The plantains in vanilla and rhum was exceptional. With a bottle of wine, full cost was $38 a person. If there was a complaint, the service was awful, totally inattentive and surley, but the food was worth it.

Dec.15 was a quiet day. Hang around the pool, farewells to friend who were leaving and then to dinner. We have staying at La Vista for five years and had never eaten at the Hideaway for dinner. Have we missed out!! Wonderful escargots (sopped up the whole plate) and a large excellent mozzarella salad started the meal.A grilled grouper with creole sauce done to perfection and a pasta marinara with olives,anchovies and tomatoes made for great entrees. A complimentary carafe of wine and a $60 total bill finished the evening. Well, almost, back to the room for more Etna and celebration. Last part to follow