Well, the first big holiday weekend with the resort under John and Elizabeth's ownership has concluded. Overall, it was a wonderful time!

The weather wasn't quite so cooperative the first couple of days, but we made due. We got some sun time on Saturday before the clouds rolled in. Sunday was much better and Monday was perfect.

There were a lot of people at the resort. It wasn't as packed as it was other years, but there were lots of people. We got some fantastic volleyball games going.

The restaurant is still not open, but that is not because of the resort. They're merely waiting on final sign-off from the health department and they'll be good to go. BBQ'ing was done each day for lunch and all was well. Coryn and Andrew are great!

The bar is still not open either. Hopefully that will be in short order, however there will still be a waiting period (I heard 30 days) once the license is signed off on.

The Spa had some remodeling work done, and they're open.

The Saturday night dance had a large turn-out, and Sunday night saw a karoke party, which also had a good turn out.

The hotel rooms have new furniture (armoires, head boards, night stands, tables, chairs, bed frames, mirrors, and mattresses), and it's nice. New linens and pillows are coming shortly.

Someone asked in another thread if Captain Jack is still there. We can't get rid of him, no matter how hard we try. smile That, of course, is a joke; We LOVE Jack. Elizabeth had a cake brought in and we all sang happy birthday to him, as he'll be celebrating his 65th later this week.

It was a great weekend, and we can't wait to get back!

BayAreaCouple - We had a blast with you guys, as usual smile

Richard - we may be out in a few weeks, and I heard you will be there. If we make it out, I look forward to meeting you!