Thursday, July 3rd – We had planned on snorkeling in Brewer’s Bay but it appears someone lost his snorkel somewhere between home and Tortola (I swear I saw it on the dresser at the villa but if so it vanished into thin air). Chatted with Mica, granddaughter of Lou of the Bamboo Bar for a long time in the water. Boy, she asks a lot of questions! Pretty typical 10 year old, and a sweetheart. I wish I’d had my camera with me to take her picture; didn’t see her again during our stay.

Went to Bananakeet for dinner. The sunset was OK (hazy/cloudy), but the food was delicious (I had the Jerk Pork Loin and Jack had the Shrimp with Coconut Rum Sauce). Ran into Suzy and crew again, and then met up with them later at Quito’s. A very fun night – good to see Fitz again and great to hear Quito. Back to the house for some star gazing... ah, life is good.

Friday, July 4th – Since we were running low on beer and wine (really!) Jack went into town to stock up. We spent the day relaxing, swimming, drinking and eating. And of course watching the boats come and go:

[Linked Image]

Cooked steaks from Riteway on the grill, they were delicious. Enjoyed the best sunset of the trip and sat on the deck star gazing. We even saw a couple of falling stars. Who needs fireworks when you have this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Saturday, July 5th – We drove to Soper’s hoping to shop a little, have lunch and go online. Too bad – no power in the whole place (Soper’s only, the rest of the island was OK), so we had a beer and left. Stopped at Cruzin Bar for lunch, grilled pizzas and beer – very good. Back to the house, down to the beach for a swim, then naps before finishing the pizza and heading to Quito’s. Quick hello to Malcolm before he headed home (guess it was a long week on the boat!). We chatted with Cousin Robin and then hung out with her and Amy, her friend Jason, and Lindakay (“it was nice not really meeting you!”). Disappointed that Quito and the Edge were not playing, as there was a big graduation party upstairs. Called it an early night and went back to the house just about the time the DJ music was cranking louder and louder...

Sunday, July 6th – After a leisurely breakfast we finally got our first snorkel in. Did the middle reef at Brewer’s Bay, saw a few fish, lots of fans and before I headed back in I saw a good size turtle. Hung out with him for a while, very cool. Unfortunately the snorkeling gave me a headache I couldn’t get rid of so we just chilled at the house. We really wanted to hit the Elm that night but it was not to be and evidently we missed a good time. We grilled some chicken while I waited for my son to call me back... he had left me a voice mail I couldn’t retrieve so I was worried something was wrong back home. Nope, it was nothing, just that he’d be able to check my e-mail for me the night before we leave to see if we got the first grade upgrades, and to let us know about Tropical Storm Bertha.

Stay tuned for Part 3...

Debbie