I made my last trip for the summer to Desert Sun Resort last weekend. There's not a whole lot new there, so I thought I'd mostly update two issues I discussed in my last report.

The only change I noticed was the addition of a blower than activates when you open the door to the restaurant and bathrooms. It blows downward and can be quite a surprise if you aren't expecting it. The purpose is to keep flies out of the restaurant, but it also helps the air conditioning.

Yet more people asked about the statue of the family that was removed and some said they were there when that happened and told me more about that day. I've sent email to the homeowner that has it, but didn't get a response yet. He's a major businessman in that part of the country and I plan to FedEx a copy of the email to him as soon as I get back to NYC in case it ended up in his spam folder. As I said, I'm trying to convince him of how important it is that the statue is returned, but I might need help from others who feel the same way.

There's now literally a visible sign of progress on the liquor license posted at the restaurant. Other not-so-visible steps have also been completed. At this point, it looks like the previous guess of "the end of this month" might have been a little optimistic, but, if so, it's not likely to be pushed too far into next month. Of course, the liquor license isn't the only thing needed to sell alcohol: equipment, stock, and staff needs to be in place and decisions have to be made about hours and "corkage" issues. Those are indeed being worked on.

Some have also asked if Dan and Laura have been on the premesis. I saw her going from her condo to the side exit as I was getting ready to leave yesterday morning. I think she saw me, but she kept going. I've heard she's around from time to time to remove things from her condo. One employee told me he saw Dan about ten days ago. He described Dan as "sort of hiding in a doorway".