Our flights with American from BWI to San Juan and then on American Eagle to Beef Island went off on time and we were pleased to see a representative from Peter Island waving a flag upon our exit from Customs and Immigration. We were wisked by cab to the nearby dock where the Resort boat was waiting. Air conditioned Cabin, no less, and a friendly young man serving soft drinks along with the Captain. We were at the resort in what seemed like no time for our first visit. The Manager was at the dock when we arrived and gave us a brief orientation and then we were shown to our rooms where our luggage was waiting. We opted for the Ocean View Rooms as we like to sit out in the evening after dinner and the view was a very nice one if somewhat blocked by palm tree branches. We could hear the music from the dining and patio area on those nights when entertainment was provided. Very peaceful and relaxing. The beachfront accommodations looked very nice from what we could see but we have been priveleged to live beachfront on the Florida East Coast for a number of years and have also had Ocean Front Vacation Homes in Md and De so we decided we could use the extra $100 a night for other things. Our room was well appointed and comfortable as was the King Bed and the pillows were great which is not always the case when traveling. We have been doing Islands for a lot of years and we agree we have never stayed at an Island Resort where overall the staff was as friendly and outgoing as they were at PIR. The winds were a blowin' when we arrived on July 5 and as a result the snorkeling at Deadman's and White Bay was not good--in fact I would have to rate it a 2 on a scale of 10. I tried every day at Deadman's and alternate days at White bay. On the last day(day 5) the snorkeling was very good and I enjoyed snorkeling both ends of the beach at White Bay. I would liked to have gone snorkeling with Baskins but they recommended against it on Sat as the seas were so rough. We took the tour of the Island offered twice a day 2 times as the first day we went there was so much haze the picture opportunities were not good. The second time, however, was different and there are many beautiful vistas to be seen and photographed during the one hour tour. I didn't know it at the time but ScubaMom's daughter and her husband were there at the same time and every day I would ask her when they came in from diving how the visability was and for the most part she advised it was pretty good. She and her husband have posted a trip report with some beautiful photos and it is something that BVI fans should not miss. I can't get over how fast they got it up and it is a class site! Sorry I don't have the address handy but anyone interested could post on this board and get it real fast, I'm sure. We found the Island beautiful and the quiet and privacy one can find- very relaxing. The food, in our opinion, was certainly plentiful, and the presentation excellent. It fell short of Gourmet, however. We are small eaters so there was the temptation to overdo it--which a couple nights we did. We shared a breakfast order after the first day. We would rate the food good and a cut above Bitter End, but not Gourmet. While we were there on several nights the dining room was open all around and if there was any AC running, it was not apparent and it was close. There were a lot of boats at the "public beach" on most days we were there but I cannot say they or the traffic they added to the beach were any distraction. The only resorts we have been to in recent years that would offer any basis of comparison and where the rates include full American Plan are Bitter End and Cape Santa Maria on Long Island in the Bahamas. We agree-of the 3-our favorite was Cape Santa Maria. It had the nicest rooms-much more spacious than PIR, the nicest bath and vanity areas, screened in large porch less than a stones throw from the water, the best beach, and it was smaller and more secluded than than either of the others. I would hasten to add that this is our opinion and we are well aware that others who tried these places might have other thoughts. Having said all that, we will not be going back to any of the 3. Why? Too much food. Too little opportunity to dine around and explore different restaurants and experiences. We met a couple from Ireland and enjoyed spending time with them and sharing an evening over dinner and after dinner drinks. Helena and Michael-if you are out there--we'll be in touch. Our thoughts on the the 2 PIR resort employees who have been mentioned by name frequently on the forum: We found Jean to be an absolute delight. Benjie, it seems to us, might be due for a vacation to recharge. We took a lot of pictures and I have just turned them in-if I get any really good ones I'll post an address where they can be seen for anyone that might be interested. Next--sometime soon--on to Virgin Gorda for a week at the Leverick Bay Condominiums---it was a great week!!<br><br>