Even though it was our last full day, it was pretty much a typical beach day for us…Sunrise beach walk, coffee on the beach, almond croissant and spiked guava juice for breakfast, JP’s wonderful guavaberry coladas at happy hour (the best one’s of the trip!), lounging on the beach or floating in the water for the entire day. I did have another encounter with a sand crab this morning, but this time it was more like a stare down. Very amusing!

John headed out for a bit this morning to run a couple of errands. He took a friend of ours to get some laundry done in the French Quarter. After they dropped it off, they headed to the MaDouDou shack, which was open. Stocked up on 5 flavors in plastic liter bottles – Passion, Mango, Banana Vanilla, Vanilla and Choco Coco. We did carry ons on the way down, but are loading up with the MaDouDou and 3 bottles of guavaberry to take home. We used to be able to order the guavaberry online, but the US importer has decided to no longer import, so the only way we can get it is to carry it home ourselves. We weren’t going to bother at first, but we really would like to have some flavors of the island after we get home. We always have a bit of a tight schedule flying home, which is one of the biggest reasons that we carryon, so I hope that we don’t miss our flight. But even if we do, it will be worth it!

Since the beginning of our trip, Marissa has had her eye on a particular ‘sexy beach guy’ (her words!) who sets up the beach chairs every day. Today she talked her dad into talking to him (like that was a hard thing to do!). She was able to find out his name and then John asked if he could take a picture of them together. Mission accomplished!

We spent beach time again with Harry and Kathy, who invited us to stop by to see their place at Les Balcones on our way to Dinghy Dock for dinner. What a lovely place! We’ve driven past many times, but never realized how tranquil and beautiful it is. I can see why so many people love to stay there.

After enjoying their company and hospitality for a while, it was time to say our goodbyes until next year and head down the hill to Dinghy Dock. I’m pretty sure that I’ve ordered the special every time we’ve gone and tonight was no exception. John and I both had Shrimp and Scallops in coconut cream and Marissa had decided earlier this afternoon that she wanted onion rings and calamari and fish & chips. It was a great meal and the perfect place to end our trip.

Then it was back to the resort and time to enjoy the last of the Etna Ice Cream until next year.

Sue
[Linked Image]