Day 10

It was another awesome beach day. We woke up early and were out walking the length of Orient at 5:30. After our walks, I typically go back to the room and make my mug of coffee and then go sit on the beach and drink in the view as I drink my decaf. It really is my favorite time of the day. The rest of the day was spent pretty much doing nothing, but soaking up the sun and surf. And the great thing is that we still have 2 entire days to do it all over again! The beach was practically deserted today. Looks like low season is in full swing. Finished another bottle of MaDouDou (thank you Bob) with a toast with Lynette & James (who leave tomorrow)and ChiTownHarry & Kathy.

Late in the afternoon, Marissa and I decided to do another bit of exploring out to the point and around the reef. That is something that I’ve never done before in all of trips. Marissa took some great pictures, which I hope to get into another photoshow after we get home.

Next was our biggest challenge of the day - our dinner decision. After getting so much input on my post regarding Chesterfield’s, we decided to try it. It wasn’t great; it wasn’t terrible. Some things were very good; some not so good. first of all, the service was good. We started off our meals with conch fritters that were nothing special. Marissa was a bit daring, trying conch chowder for her first time, which was very good. Cream of Broccoli soup was the Soup of the Day, which John thought was good. I had a mixed green salad with house dressing that I enjoyed very much. For our entrees I chose one of the catch of the day options, Ahi Tuna grilled with Creole sauce. Marissa ordered the Strip Loin and John had the Seafood Combo. When the meals came, John said that his dinner was barely warm. He chose not to let our waitress know that until after the meal was over. I figured that his plate probably sat and waited in the kitchen, while Marissa’s steak was being cooked. Marissa and I thought our meals were good; nothing special though. Having at least tried the place, we probably won’t ever go back.

Made our way back to Orient and John decided to call it a night. Marissa and I went up to Papagayo’s to enjoy a bit of the live music, while I enjoyed a glass of red wine. Time to call it a night and head back to the room and write this report and get ready for another early morning sunrise walk.

Sue
[Linked Image]