Day 9

We ended up going to bed very early Thursday night. John fell asleep around 8 while I was at the computer. I turned the keys over to Marissa shortly after 9. Since John was already asleep, I had my Vaniila MaDouDou night cap poured over my Etna Rhum Raisin...and then I drifted off to sleep with the soothing sound of the rain beating down on the roof. I love that sound!

It seemed to be raining heavy all through the night, so I did not even attempt a pre-dawn wake up. Finally around 6am I saw that the sky was bright, so we ventured down to the beach for a Club O beach walk…there were still dark skies out in the ocean, and we did have a downpour a bit later in the morning, but again, the sky cleared and it ended up being a perfect beach day.

Since we missed going to Cito’s Place last night, we decided to try again. This time they were open, but we found out that on Friday nights, there is special seafood and live music, starting after 8. It was only about 6, and I felt like we were interrupting their preparations for later in the evening, but Cito accommodated us nicely. There is no written menu here. He has a busy lunch business with a steam table of 5 hot dishes and the menu is written on the board. For dinner, he’ll just tell you what he can do for you that evening. We chose crab backs and croquettes for appetizers. For dinner, Marissa and I decided to splurge and have lobster (smaller Brazilian ones, flown in fresh yesterday) and John had shrimp. Each meal came with mac and cheese, rice and beans, and mixed vegetables. Desserts are homemade and John decided to splurge and get the cheesecake. Marissa and I were both quite full from dinner, but we did have a taste of John’s dessert. Everything about the meal was very good and even though I don’t like to keep going back to the same restaurants (being that there are so many that we haven’t been to yet) Cito’s will probably end up being a place we stop at on every trip.

Then it was back to the resort and an early bedtime in anticipation of a sunrise walk in the morning.

Sue
[Linked Image]