Delayed Trip Report

10/29 Flew into Beef Island with Cape Air, rode co pilot seat, (resisted the urge to play with all the controls). Arrived in CGB around 2:15 and visited with friends as I made my way to the beach to get my beard braided .
Saw Captain Jim arriving in CGB aboard Blue Moon just as some heavy rains started. Rains continued for several hours, so I figured I’d grab a room at Rhymers for the night, no sense getting soaked. Room was comfortable, clean, a bit dated (Island charm I call it) but had brand new AC !! You could hang a side of beef in there. $76 with all taxes. Can’t beat the price or location.
Caught up with Capt Jim the next morning and moved aboard Blue Moon. Gorgeous boat. She has been refitted and it all works!! Took an aft cabin, which was quite comfortable(I’m 6’1), and the 2 hatches and 2 portholes provided plenty of ventilation as did the fan. We never needed the AC .
Really pretty boat, lots of room in the cockpit under the rigid bimini and I never smacked my head on it. Blue Moon has 4 cabins and 4 heads and a nicely laid out galley. Main saloon done very nicely with plenty of wood, large dining area and nav station. Boat does not show her age at all, was very nicely refitted and maintained, heck, you’d never even know Rex had been aboard!!! CaptJim is fully versed in the operation of the coffee pot and blender, so it’s all good!!
CaptJim is a very likeable guy, we hit it off right away. May have something to do with his former profession!! Anyone looking for a nice boat for a charter, definitely take a look at Blue Moon.
Sanctuary pulled into CGB a bit later on and I had my first face to face with Saildoggie!!! You think he is a character here, wait until you meet the real deal!! Went visiting with many longtime local friends and explained the bad rap CGB was getting and they were very upset and promised to “make things happen”.
Dinner at Stanleys with everyone, including our new friend “Al G”, then down to Quito’s for his solo act.
Headed off to Sopers Hole to pick up Jen and Dan (Jen is Lauras sister of LauraandRex) Wandered around Sopers awaiting the ferry, then off to Pussers to break in the newbies with some Painkillers). Mirt(sp?) joined us and decided to sail along with us.
Nice sail off to White Bay. Found Mal, GlennA, Garvey and the Dog at Seddys, and Seddy asked if “we were here for the investigation” of the trip report posted about Sandcastle. Assured him we were, and we would get the facts. Headed up to Soggy Dollar and surrounded the bar. Gave Mic the third degree, he did get nervous when we asked why they didn’t provide goat condoms, since they having an alleged promiscuous, diseased got on the premises. “Dat goat been dead while”. Think that was the closest Mic had ever been to starting to drink on the job.
Nice day at White Bay, then over to Great Harbour for festivities at Foxys. Halloween party and BBQ,(nice job Paul). Quite an assortment of costumes(check photo link).
Saturday, off to the races. Sanctuary blew by the competition!! But hey, Blue Moon did manage a 3rd in her category!
Awards festivities at Foxys (again, thanks Paul) with some really great prizes.
Off to Ali Babas for dinner, Nippy was at the bar “entertaining” everyone and some young children expanded their vocabulary at the same time. Nippy had quite a dialogue going with his “Homeboy” (Kneafsey).
Sunday, early trip into White Bay again, EMPTY!!! Had it all to ourselves until about 11:30. Had the pleasure of visiting with Roger at the Soggy Dollar and continued our investigation and believe it or not, Soggy Dollar has damn good coffee!! Investigation report: Trip report in question was sour grapes.( Saildoggie to followup on the goat)
Off to Sandy Cay and CaptJim took Jen and Dan in on the dinghy. Someone could make a few bucks renting “Do Not Disturb” signs there as our explorers were “treated” to a “live action show” already in progress.
Off to CGB, swam in from Blue Moon and did some limin with Saildoggie on the beach. BBQ dinner at The Elm, David Thrasher showed up with his harmonica and really livened things up. The guys did a nice song for GlennA’s birthday, he was quite surprised!
Monday,last day,off Blue Moon and made my last rounds of CGB and heard some promising news about local problems.
Sandman drove me to Beef Island for my flight and back to NJ. Always hard leaving,but since I’m back 12/30, it’s not so bad.

Not responsible for content of photos
click on photo
[Linked Image]

My foot fits right into my shoe and my shoe will fit right into your...