Sorry it took so long…but I wanted to check with a few witnesses….to corroborate my story!!

Flew out last Sunday Air Transat…no problems (Can they get anymore seats on these things??)

As we were bringing friends, Chuck & Jill this year, it would be a different trip for Pam and I, but with information from this board, we had a blast (thanks again Pat)

Checked into the Great Bay…without hassle. and down to the beach….took a walk…and onto the boardwalk, and that’s when it all went pretty crazy from there…One Eyed Jacks…Then down to see Janet at The Royal Guesthouse…I can never remember how to spell Passggrrhhannn….And apparently, never knew how to pronounce it!(nobody is counting…but my little Pam has had 5 Ta-kill-yas at this point) left Janet ,along the boardwalk we go…and run into “Uncle Mike”..he now has the Segway Tour and rental business(you all know how I am at drinking and driving)so I never tried it!!...Back along the beach ..picked a drink up at OEJacks…which happened to be my first ever BBC..Wasn’t my last!!…back along the beach to Great Bay to find C & J in the swim up bar with Jose the bartender …Just brutal…Pam and Jill were a lot lighter in the morning!!

Now let the holiday begin!

They are making a new pier for the cruise ships (and there are some big ones in the making)…and all the dredged sand is being shot via pipe to the other side and making the beach wider..Very cool!

The shell hunters were in full force as the dredging sends some neat ones over….the new sand is much finer than before..my feet were happy!

Our holiday is like Seinfeld…a holiday about nothing!! We must have walked the full beach three times a day..checking out the cruisers..lots of them…just not spending!

The rest of the time spent in the lounges provided…just veging…..the sand gravity is very strong!!

The food was quite good…and lots of it!! Which was great for my friend Chuck..the guys got a hollow leg!! I missed two dinners…but they said they were good! The one I had was great..beef tenderloin…done perfectly! The wine list has matured also…some(lots of)great stuff!! The rest of the time we did the buffet.also good!

Pam and I walked every where…call me crazy…but we never felt out of place at all…or at the very least nervous…we did Back St. Side streets Front Street…alley ways between Front and the boardwalk…never ever a hint of a problem! Now I have never seen so many Police and Patrol cars and the Souliga(sp)Patrol in Philipsburg…that may have something to do with it.…No times share at all…not even at The GB…which is still selling theirs! Only got asked once about dope..thats way down..

Got together on the 11th at OEJacks….Finally got to meet Bill and Elaine...and stand them up..sorry..we had d but not andb from Mn…Dave..Always great to see you!!

I missed Brit though!! Sunnyboy(Richard?) popped in…Bruce and Susan...great humor…or maybe I was just l’ing o l !! Peter and Trudy..they were staying at the GB..who knew?? Chuck and Jill..and my old friends from Montreal…now Calgary, Steve and Carol….I hope I did not leave anyone out…if so send me your picture…and I will try to remember…from there..we went to see Jean Pierre at Antoines..for a front table for 7 oclock!! Sorry Norm I don’t remember the cost of anything…but when my credit card bill comes in..I’ll let you know.lol…We had an amazing evening…and a ton of laughs…Sorry JP !!

What is a trip without saying hi to Deepti…a great lady for sure…and a great sales person….But Kenny over at Ballerina got his claws into us first..and Jill be berry berry happy!!(20th anniversary)..and Pam got a little ring with 3 diamonds and black onyx(30th anniversary)…they also tried on a 10 carat diamond..$320000…Kenny…I don’t care how many G & T’s you give me…it ain’t happening!!

We got C&J to rent a car and explore…see we know what to do…..and a blast they had…Chuck had a friend that told him to go Gus’s Bar..and get a drink and the friend would pay in two weeks…Chuck told Gus that…Gus brought up the guys picture on his cell..and the deal was done!! Elaine…Great directions you gave them…they went towards Simpson..and miss most of the traffic…not all..just most!

We slummed this year with Mountain View rooms…not too bad at all…except the weekend race at 2am…you know those crazy bikers the race around the whole island…not only do they fly…I flew out of my bed…quite a racket…but sound sleep in no time.

Next thing you know..we are checking out and on our way to the SSBB..or whatever..waited for the plane..back to the airport…where I put my back out for the 4 and a half hour flight home….so we come to the end of another fantastic trip…So dog willing..we will be back next Feb…and do it all over again

Dan C.C.L.
Dan&Pam
Mississauga

'The past is history, the future is a mystery,
and now is a gift. That's why it's called the present'