I have been reading the posts here for weeks in preparation for our trip and it has been very helpful. We were looking for 5 relaxing days and it's exactly what we got. Stayed at the Radisson in Anse Marcel and it was beautiful. We liked being secluded and in a quiet area and the beach there was perfect for us. We had a great ( and fun) meal at La Locanda right across from the hotel. The best meal was at Sol e Luna in Mont Vernon which was outstanding. The restaurant at the Radisson ( C Le Restaurant) was actually quite good as well, but the buffet breakfast was just ok. Actually, I need strong coffee so I really enjoyed my morning cafe au lait at Le Calypso, also across from the hotel in the marina. Le Calypso also had some really great salads for lunch. I felt like I was in a mediterranean village as most of the customers there were french and we were right next to the marina. We enjoyed Talk of the Town in Grand Case and had fun shopping in Marigot. Again, I loved the feeling of being in a Meditteranean port ( France in the tropics actually) but with a nice caribbean flair. We found everyone to be so friendly and although I guess tourism is down, certain areas ( Marigot and Grand Case) were very busy. We spent on day at Orient Beach and while I can see the appeal, for our purpose ( quiet and relaxation) Anse Marcel was a much better fit. The weather was great every day. Sunny, warm, pleasant breeze with just enough clouds to give a nice break from the strong sun. A few showers here and there that never lasted more than 5 minutes. One day while on the beach it was bright sun where we were but less than 1000 feet away we saw rain passing through. It was actually beautiful to watch. I thouht St.Martin was great. I also enjoyed the topography which I find more interesting and picturesque than flat islands. We had no problems with crime or safety and never felt uncomfortable anywhere we went ( although we were only on the French side). The only difficult part of the stay was having to leave.