Trip booked with short notice when my parents cancelled their cruise, but still wanted some time in the sun. Participants: my husband and me, in our early 50’s, and my parents, straddling 80. Goals: not much! Sun, good food, relaxation. Mission: accomplished.

Sandy Molloy was very helpful, as always, and found us a wonderful villa in Orient, Joie de Vie. It’s a 3 BR, 2 and ½ bath villa with a private pool, an easy walk to the beach and the village. Clean, comfortable, ac in the bedrooms. And bless the American owners’ hearts: SCREENS in all the windows and on the slider, so we could enjoy the tropical breezes without the tropical bugs.

Car from Unity, no problems, Phones from Sharon Harris, no problems.

Weather was congenial, mostly sunny, breezy, few scattered showers, water nice and warm at Orient.

Breakfasts on the lovely covered veranda poolside of coffee (we brought our own) and croissants from Tap Five. Lunches mostly at the villa as well.

Dinners mostly out. Tried some new restaurants, some we’ve tried before: Tap Five pizza, Planet Orient B, Cotes Plages, Tai Chi, Bikini Beach, Baywatch, and one meal in Grand Case that really stood out over the rest at Le Cottage.

A wonderful break from the cold and snow of MA and upstate NY for all of us.