Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 26
GaKaye 19
Member Spotlight
Tom
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,440
Joined: August 2000
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
18 members (Volle Maan, diver67, TracyT, sxmpete, Sxmtm, Tmo42, JayBee, Marie, Ottoman, 9 invisible), 405 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#80564 01/05/2016 02:52 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 85
B
burge Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 85
Has anyone applied and received the SVRS approval and used it in the USVI? When I was last in Cruz Bay they gave me a flyer with the info on it and I have an interview on Thursday to try to secure approval. Looks like to me this will help speed up the process of customs by not having to dingy into to Cruz bay at least.

Love to hear any feed back as to how the system works...or not. I am the owner of the boat so I guess it only works with owners. I did note that if you had Global entry approval you did not need to go for interview.

BVI Sponsors
.
burge #80565 01/05/2016 03:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
We use it. Everyone on the boat needs to be SVRS or local boater card documented. You file a float plan and call the #. The last time I called in at Cruz Bay in November they pretty much did not have time for me - "I'll call back if you need to do anything." No call, no confirmation number. At Culebra in October they called back four hours later with a confirmation number.

Cheers, RickG

RickG #80566 01/05/2016 05:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
If you did this prior to 2010 it was a piece of cake. The new rules are a real P.I.A, and everyone on board must be signed up. We were never interview and we have the LBO.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5