Member Spotlight
ChuckG
ChuckG
PA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
mamakim
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (EdB, 1 invisible), 974 guests, and 175 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A Sad Post [Re: periwinkle] #83995
01/29/2016 12:53 PM
01/29/2016 12:53 PM
Guernsey, UK
UncleFred Offline
Traveler
UncleFred  Offline
Traveler
Guernsey, UK
Just check in today and have seen this thread.

RIP Bill - probably the first person from here that I had any interaction with when I was asking newbie questions before I moved to the BVI many years, ago. It was through my links with VISAR that we got the link set up at the bottom of the page.

I had the pleasure of Bill and Di taking myself and Pickle for dinner at the 1st Spaghetti Junction. Him and Di were a great couple and although my connection with him had gone, he will be well remembered at sadly missed.

Sail in peace Bill & Di.

Support VISAR. Make Donations,read VISAR news at www.visar.org
Buy VISAR merchandise at the VISAR Shop at cafepress.com
BVI Sponsors
Re: A Sad Post [Re: JeffC] #83996
01/29/2016 02:33 PM
01/29/2016 02:33 PM
East Lansing, MI, USA
2forBVI Offline
Traveler
2forBVI  Offline
Traveler
East Lansing, MI, USA
Like Bill, I go back to the original version of BVI Traveltalk that got taken over by spammers and angry posters. With his guidance, BVI Travel returned to a wonderful forum for newbies, as well as for those of us who have earned our Gold BVI VIP cards. I never met Bill other than through our responsive posts, but I can only say that this news was as awful as learning of any other friend I have lost to this insidious disease. Thank you, Bill, for being the greatest US Ambassador that the BVI has ever had. Those of us who knew and loved Bill, if even only electronically, must step up, help this forum thrive, and make him proud of what he helped to build. I will have a Painkiller for you tonight, Bill. Godspeed.

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane!"
Re: A Sad Post [Re: 2forBVI] #83997
01/31/2016 01:25 PM
01/31/2016 01:25 PM
Woodstock, GA
RickinAtlanta Offline
Traveler
RickinAtlanta  Offline
Traveler
Woodstock, GA
Bill's Obituary from the Chattanooga paper.

Hartzman, William L.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

William L. Hartzman died peacefully at a Chattanooga hospice facility on January 26, 2016.

Born March 15, 1939, in Baltimore, he was the only child of William Arthur and Alfrida Small Hartzman.

He was preceded by his wives, Kathye Gwin, Helen Wild and Diane Swearingen; survived by Diane’s daughters, Julie and Jennifer, and their families.

An Army veteran, Bill received his Masters of Education degree from the University of Virginia and taught math, which brought him to Pine Breeze School in Chattanooga. He was baptized and confirmed at St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church. He worked for Volunteer Life and LBJ Advertising. His advertising career led him to Memphis, Pensacola, Birmingham and finally to Augusta, where he helped form HMS Advertising, Inc., and resided for nearly 28 years. He also worked in real estate, made it his business to care for animals, and rescued numerous greyhounds.

An experienced sailor with a US Coast Guard offshore license, he dearly loved years spent in the British Virgin Islands. He will be missed by many friends from high school in Petersburg, VA, from the BVIs, and Cabela’s Augusta where he last worked.

He returned to Chattanooga for hospice care and to be buried with Helen at National Cemetery. A committal service on Thursday, Feb. 18, at 2 p.m. will be officiated by Reverend Derrick Hill at Chattanooga National Cemetery.

Special thanks to friends Phillip Hutto and Jean Massengale for his care. Memorial donations may be sent to visar.org or greyhound rescue.

Re: A Sad Post [Re: RickinAtlanta] #83998
01/31/2016 01:37 PM
01/31/2016 01:37 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Rick--thanks for posting that..

Carol Hill
Page 2 of 2 1 2