Member Spotlight
GeorgeC1
GeorgeC1
GA/NC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
21 registered members (WWII, StMartinFan, MikeMc, MrEZgoin, Fitzhughlaw, fabila, Alecs, Lexington14, BlueMoc, bailau, BHK, BillDauterive, davidandsusannj, Kiles41, 7 invisible), 981 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Bight on Easter Weekend #89213
03/07/2016 09:53 AM
03/07/2016 09:53 AM
Maryland
S
SteveInMD Offline OP
Traveler
SteveInMD  Offline OP
Traveler
S
Maryland
A few years back our charter was ending on Easter Sunday; we stayed at The Bight Friday and Saturday for our last two nights out. We were amazed at the number of boats and people that arrived on Good Friday. By the end of the day there were many rafts of 15 to 20 boats, boats anchored everywhere and tied every which way. It seemed like all the moorings were taken plus there were an additional few hundred boats. There was even a boat that came in and anchored, and then tied off to the beach inside the swing radius of the mooring I was already on. I shortened my mooring lines but the other boat still complained to me when our boat swung around the mooring. Although they were in the wrong, I really did want a battle and diffused the situation with the peace offering of a few beers. I ended up helping them move their shore tie-off so it all worked out. Later at Pirate's we asked the staff about the crowds. We were told - "It's Puerto Rican Weekend (aka Easter weekend) at The Bight! They come here every Easter." Despite the crowds we did enjoy ourselves. The “Puerto Rican Navy” definitely likes to party!

This year were are in the same boat, ending our trip on Sunday the 27th. Now for my question…is this the same situation at all of the well-protected anchorages in the BVI on Easter weekend, or is this phenomenon mostly just at The Bight? I need an anchorage within about 2 hours of Road Town for our last two nights. We’re considering joining the party at The Bight, but I’m wondering if there are options with slightly smaller crowds.

BVI Sponsors
Re: The Bight on Easter Weekend [Re: SteveInMD] #89214
03/07/2016 11:03 AM
03/07/2016 11:03 AM
An island state of mind
tradewinds Offline
Traveler
tradewinds  Offline
Traveler
An island state of mind
They usually mainly go to the Bight, Cane Garden Bay, Scrub Island & Savannah Bay. I would think Peter, Cooper & Trellis Bay should be ok.

Re: The Bight on Easter Weekend [Re: tradewinds] #89215
03/07/2016 11:17 AM
03/07/2016 11:17 AM
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
JasonHelmbrecht Offline
Traveler
JasonHelmbrecht  Offline
Traveler
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
There's usually a big group at White Bay, JVD also.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com