Wife and I fanally made it down to Palm Springs to look at the area as a potential retirement location. We were debating whether to stay at Terra Cotta or Desert Sun. After some research we decided on Desert Sun. It just seemed like a clasier resort with more room to spread out and have a little privacy if needed. We don't consider ourselves naturist per se but wanted to be somewhere where we did not have to sit by a pool in wet bathing suites.

We arrived Tuesday morning around 11 am. We were suprised and somewhat disappointed as there was not one single guest in view. (We realized it was mid week low season but thought there would be a few couples) Just 4 or so workers outside cleaning the pool deck and a few others doing some gardening.

Negatives:
My wife and I looked at each other and said h'mmm. A little aprehensive about being the only nude people at the resort suurounded by 6-8 maintence men and several other fully clothed staff) We decided to go do a little shopping for supplies in hopes that they would be done and gone by the time we got back. That was our only really negative about this resort. You would think that the workman would be there early in the morning and get most of the quiet work done and finish up with the mowing,blowing by 10 or 11am, then clear out. This was certainly not the case. At 11am rhe second day they were still out cleaning the quiet pool and surrounding area and basically crawling over us in the process. It was a little irrating and disconcerting. Some of the other guests we met felt the same way. The only other negative I can think of, and not really a big deal, was at times I counted 10-12 maintence staff, potential guests coming for a tour,contractors,management etc. all outside in or near the pool area. An area, where if your a guest you are apparently required to be nude. I know it is not practicle for all of the front desk or maintenance staff to be nude, but I think they should try and keep the clothed visitors to a minimum.

The only other suggestion I would have is to spruce up their continental breakfast. All they had was coffee and a packaged pastry of some sort. Some fruit,cheese and juice would be nice.

Positives.

The hotel grounds were immaculate. They kept the gardens, pools and surrounding areas in perfect shape. Also, since there are three pools, we could always find a place to be by ourselves (there were absoulutely no one in the Villas or Villa pool when we were there) Most of our time was spent at the quiet pool. First couple days there were just us and one other couple. (A few single older gentlemen but they mainly stayed near or around the activity pool) By Thursday several other couples arrived. We met most of them and everyone was quite friendly.

As I mentioned, this was our first time at a naturist resort, so were not sure what to expect. But, except for the mornings and afternoons with all of the workers there, we felt comfortable being nude throughout the resort. We really enjoyed the ability to leave our room and stroll the grounds in the evening, without having to put on clothes.

Would certainly recommend this place. Not sure I want to be there on a weekend or during high season. Might be a little crowded and hectic. Low season probably works best for us. It was hot thought- 112 degrees all 3 days.

Anyway, we had a lovely time and would certainly return