Just returned home after 2 weeks staying at Sea Haven villa which is located above Dawn Beach. Short day by day account with a few notes at the end. Thanks to all on TTOL for helpful info. After 7 trips we still learned new things to do and experience.

Arrived Wed. April 6. Rented a car from Ace and chairs and umbrella from Craig at Pack-Lite. Traveled to villa and found it to be fanastic. We knew we would have a tough time leaving. Evening meal in Orient Village.

Thursday - Grocery shopping at Le Grande Marche and a quick tour of the island again. Spent the day at the pool which overlooks everything from OBBR to the Westin Hospital! Dingy Dock for supper.

Friday - Morning at Marigot and found Roland Richardson's Gallery for the first time. Most stores were closed due to holiday. Not sure which one, but they told us that they celebrate any kind of event as a holiday so they can close. More pool time and Mama's Pizza for supper.

Saturday - Spent the day on Dawn Beach. Parked at the Westin. Maybe a dozen cars in the parking garage. We noticed very little activity the entire time we were there. Traveled to Philipsburg in the afternoon for shopping and evening meal at the Greenhouse.

Sunday - Made my wife breakfast at the villa for Mother's Day. Day on Orient eating at Baywatch and in Orient Village.

Monday - Early departure for Happy Bay. Norm, thanks for recommending the Bakery in Orleans. They make all their own breads, pastries, and desserts. Unbelieveable! Picked up breakfast for the beach. Maybe 15 people on beach all day and no trouble with C/O. Ate lunch with Danny. He is training Clare to help him. Ribs, chicken, salad, rice and beans, and drinks for $15.00. Lite supper.

Tuesday - Picked up friend and his family at the Cruise dock. They take your driver's license from you upon entry at the gate to make sure they can check you out when you leave. Made my wife stay with them since she had no ID on her. Picked everyone up, including wife and headed to Kakoa for the day. My friend wanted his daughter to "experience" Orient Beach. Lunch at Baywatch. Returned them to Philipsburg by 4:00 Evening meal at Daniels By the Sea. Very nice!

Wednesday - Another trip into Marigot since this is Market Day. Lunch at the Sunset Bar and Grill. Never tire of taking photos there. Spent afternoon on Mullet Bay.

Thursday - Ferry to Anguilla and rented a car at the dock in Anguilla. $35 plus $20 for cost of a temporary license. Went to see the CuisinArt Resort and took a tour of the hydroponic farm. We saw about this on Alton Brown's Food travel show. Didn't disappoint us. Went to visit Bankie Banks at the Dune Preserve. Had our photo taken with him. Still can't believe they fit 40K people in that small area for a concert. Spent the rest of the day on Shoal Bay with meal at Gwens. Also found Blanchards Restaurant (featured in A Trip to The Beach by Mel and Bob Blanchard) Fun day!

Friday - Yearly trip to Pinel. Did visit the new Radisson before we left. Very Nice! Stayed under the Orange Umbrellas this time. Enjoy our usual dip in the ocean on the other side of the island. Nobody there at all this year. Ate evening meal at Le Piment in Orient.

Saturday - Club O for the day with lunch at Kokomarina. Supper at home with French pastries for dessert.

Sunday - Pool day with lunch at The Greenhouse and supper at Talk Of the Town in Grand Case.

Monday - Tried Happy Bay again, but the skies weren't kind. Stopped at MaDouDous on way home. Captains Olivers for evening meal.

Tuesday - Beautiful weather all day for once. Club O early and all day there. Saw the beach ball races. Lasted for hours. Lunch again with Andy and Cheryl. Met his daughter who was visiting from Canada. Le Piment again for supper.

Wednesday - Hoping the tropical disturbance in Florida would cause our flight to be canceled, but no luck. Ready again for next year. Going to try 3 weeks next year.

Notes: Didn't know that MaDouDou means "My Sweetheart"; and same trouble somone else had on this site with returning out car and telling us the door lock was damaged and would cost us. I paid and emailed Mohammed as soon as I got home and he said no charges would me made to my card. No traffic, no tourists, but plenty of wind this year. Will be back!